Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your Pre-LsAt exam ritual?

Ro.valdezRo.valdez Free Trial Member
edited January 2014 in General 18 karma
Hello all!

Lately I've reached much better results due to a massive change in my attitude! The Lsat should be your friend, not your nemesis!
Before every PT exam I follow a ritual to help be Zen! It beats being hyper caffeinated and high strung like a harp!

This is what I do:

1. Eating right!
I usually have a big meal before exams and it helps me stay focused and perform my best! Nothing heavy nor greasy! Eat yo veggies!!! Sometimes I even carbo load the night before and wake up early to do an exam! Hahaha

Also! Being hydrated really helps! Hydration affects short term memory (or so Wikipedia says!) but don't over do it or you won't be able stop running back and forth from the bathroom and your seat!

2. Stretches!
I hate how long we have to stay stationary! I'm not saying go run an iron man! But being strenched helps my back and neck.
I also like getting my heart rate up a bit to get hyped for the exam! Enthusiasm works!!

3. Comfy clothes, layers to remove/add in order to stay at a good temperature.

4. An arsenal of Samurai katana sharp pencils.
Each one made from a single tree I cut down in the woods, and hand crafted and sharpened by shark teeth and black rhino horns.
Just kidding! I get my 99cent store pencils and have like 6 ready do go! Yes, they are Spider-Man pencils! How did you know?

5. THEME SONG!
5 to 6 minutes before any exam I blast my latest favorite upbeat jam! Get your game face on! I try to use the same ones over and over again to have consistency. Past 7 exams it's always been Sweet Child O Mine. Do whatever moves your feet and makes you feel good!

6. Privacy
Locking the door, barricading the exists, airplane mode, remove the battery from that ticking ikea clock. Start that timer!!! Let's do this!!!!

[insert 3ish hours of hair pulling, hardwork and DOMINATION!]

POST Exam!

1. I always have an ice cream sandwich or a frosty beer orrrr both waiting for me in my fridge as a "that'll do pig, that'll do" moment after a good few hours of work!

2. GO OUTSIDE!! Walk that dog, ride that bike, climb that mountain! Give yourself 2-3 hours of recovery before you review and begin the whole process over again!

That's what I do!!!
I've increased my scores and it works for me! Hooray!

Wondering what rituatals any of you guys and gals find helpful? What's helps you be zen before an exam?
Do tell!

Thanks!

Roy Valdez

Comments

• Luis89011Luis89011 Alum Member
    48 karma
    I use to hate the Lsat, then the more and more I did, the more I liked it. That def went in my favor
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Not so different from taking up smoking or alcohol...no? Hate it at first...then before you know it--you're an addict.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Nice system. Hope it works well for you.

The stretches are a good idea, but I'd emphasize exercise more. The benefits of staying healthy and exercising is sometimes neglected. I found this holistic approach to the LSAT to be useful.
  • btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

Bumping this 4 year old thread.

Do you all have a pre-test ritual? What is it? I really like the idea of listening to a pump up song before taking the exam.

Good luck to everyone taking the test on Monday!!!!

• Logic GainzLogic Gainz Alum Member
    700 karma

I listen to a couple of EDM tracks while sipping an iced coffee or espresso. It usually does the trick.

• NovLSAT2019NovLSAT2019 Alum Member
    620 karma

I've been meditating using Headspace before and after study sessions. It really helps me with clearing my head. Also, I'm looking forward to drinking something other than miller lite.

• jtrev004jtrev004 Member
    9 karma

Chicken wings and fries
    and listening to A Milli by lil wayne and im good to go

something about this combination just gives me extreme confidence

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

I shit, shower, & shave before AND after every PT.