Testing Center Conditions - Cary NC

Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
in General 1196 karma
Hi everyone, I was just curious if anyone has taken the LSAT at the testing center in Cary, NC. NC ELITE CAREER SERVICE CENTER (10061)? If so could you tell me if the conditions were good? The setup, individual desks, good lighting, proctored well, and distraction free? Thank you

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    North Carolina Elite Career Services Center
    Rating: 10 (Overall) 8 (Building) 9 (Administration)

Date: June 2010

Comments: This was an AMAZING experience. This test center gives each person an individual cubicle with an overhead fluorescent light to work with. The desk has plenty of space on it to work. The only negative is these cubicles are used for computerized testing as well so there is a monitor on the back of the desk but it is barely noticeable and the plus of the privacy of an individual cubicle far outweighs the minus of a small monitor. They give you plenty of time to get prepared and were great with the administration. We started the test a little early (~12:20) and got out by 5:00, which is incredible. The place is a little cold so bring a light jacket if you get cold easily. If you are planning on taking the LSAT anywhere in NC TAKE IT HERE!!

Source: (x)
  • amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    Could you please help me find one for Johnson C Smith Uni in Charlotte NC?? Ive been trying for a long time and came across one on TLS but like 8 years ago which is quite long. Maybe a recent one? Please and thank you :) @"Dillon A. Wright"
    12637 karma
    @amipp170 said:
    Could you please help me find one for Johnson C Smith Uni in Charlotte NC?
    Johnson C. Smith University
    Rating: 2 (Building), 0 (Administration)

Date: Dec. 2008

Comments: Why zero, you may ask. They moved the testing center from the library to another building far away with absolutely NO notice, and NO signs visible from the driveway. I had actually called the library director the preceding afternoon, and she confirmed the test the building and the room number of the test. And of course, I checked with LSAC's Web site. So I did my part. I get there twenty minutes before, and the library is empty, no cars in the lot, all the windows dark. Eventually, I find a security guard to ask, and she tells me the new location. By the time I get to the registration desk, they've already begun reading the instructions. The lady at the desk apologizes for the last-minute change (making her a wonderful human being, no doubt). The main proctor herself reads the. instructions. as if she has. never picked. up a phonics book in. her life.

The desk tops are literally the size of an 8.5x11 inch sheet of paper, if not smaller. In the adjacent room, there's some sort of gathering of JCSU students making a minor racket. At one point, a proctor opens a door at the back of the room leading to the adjacent room and asks them to be quiet -- without first entering the room and closing the door behind her -- causing a bigger disruption than the kids themselves. And, of course, she slams the door after doing so.

You better believe I wrote LSAC a letter. A polite but firm letter.

Source: (x)

This is pretty old and there was only one review, sorry.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Haha ... Guys, just Google it!! :D But thanks as always to @"Dillon A. Wright" for being master of gifs and googles.
    12637 karma
    This link has a lot of reviews for a lot of test centers:
    http://lsatcenters.wikia.com/wiki/LSAT_Test_Center_Wiki

Just CTRL+F to do a search and type in your test center.
    585 karma
    Thank you @"Dillon A. Wright" I saw this exact one as well. LETS HOPE ITS NOT AS SHITTY. (would you guys recommend me just changing it to charlotte school of law instead?)
    585 karma
    Wow just went on the website. Clt school of law sounds a lot better.....
    edited October 2015 12637 karma
    @amipp170 said:
    Thank you @"Dillon A. Wright"
    No problem!

You could always call and ask to look around the school. The review was added almost 10 years ago so things could've changed. North Carolina Elite Career Services Center's review is more recent though.
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Thanks so much Dillon A. Wright! I had looked online before posting the question but was not able to find anything so thank you so much for the information and the link.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Just come down to Fayetteville for the day... I just took it at FSU and expected a shit show but it was actually pretty good except for the ants that wanted to become answers on my scantron...
    585 karma
    Or I might just run into J.Cole in Fayetteville and have some life talks with him before taking the LSAT and score a 181? Possible. Very. @Pacifico
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Very. Possible.