Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

JY what's your score right now?

mrlsat180mrlsat180 Alum Member
edited March 2014 in General 118 karma
I'm just curious because you've done or taught every question ever released and have basically "prepped" to the max. If you were to actually register and do the real thing would you get a 179-180? I know it's a stupid question but I'm just curious.

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    The proctor would just see JY's face when he walks into the test center and say, "No need JY, you're getting an automatic 180 my friend."
  • WinWin2016WinWin2016 Alum Member
    132 karma
    When he was explaining LSAT analytics, I saw his own scores, and they were on average high 170s.
  • nantesorkestarnantesorkestar Alum Member
    431 karma
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma
    Maybe I can lend some insight -

I think I heard JY say once that he's like the fat old coach yelling instructions from the sidelines and you guys are the players on the field trying to execute. I find that to be relatively apt. The truth of it is that we're not really in 'test condition' - the pressure-filled test-taking atmosphere simply isn't present when we sit down to record explanations or do sections, so we're not as razor-sharp as we were back when we took the test ourselves. Our much deeper knowledge of the test definitely makes up for that to some extent, but being thrust without warning back into that kind of pressure cooker can do some wonky things. Drop the fat old coach into the middle of a live game and it might take a bit for him to readjust to game's speed and ferocity. Obviously, there's no physical fitness component to the LSAT, but you get the point.

Then again, on the plus side, there's also no way we can ever again replicate that feeling in the pit of your stomach that a lot is riding on this one test, since we've already been through the crucible and come out the other side. That's a huge load off our shoulders and a big advantage.

I'd be pretty surprised if JY missed more than a couple questions even in his current 'fat old coach' stage, but if you gave him a few months to get back to an optimal state of test-preparedness I doubt he'd do anything but crank out 180s.
  • lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member
    488 karma
    @"Jonathan Wang"
    @mrlsat180

I think it'll be close to 180 or high 170s. There is a video of Jonathan or JY doing an LR section under test timing conditions and he finishes the section in around 18-19 mins with -0.

I am not sure if the section was a "FRESH" never before seen section and if that's the case also with recent LG and RC, but it'd be very interesting to see video of JY or Jonathan doing PT-78 sections under strict timed conditions.

Anyone know if and when they do the newly released PT as a fresh timed test??
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    He's Bill Belichick now... He doesn't need to be Tom Brady anymore.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    He's Bill Belichick now... He doesn't need to be Tom Brady anymore.
    We’re the Tom Brady’s now.
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    JY technically could not legally take the LSAT!

But this game is like guessing how many marbles are in the jar...you can't NOT guess...154!