Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best ways to improve LR section?

kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
edited November 2015 in General 697 karma
What are some of the best ways to improve LR section?

Comments

• Campo1995Campo1995 Alum Member
    74 karma
    I found that I hit a bit of a plateau with LR after using 7 sage. To get to the -2, -3 range I used the LSAT trainer, if you've found that you have gotten as much as you can out of 7 sage I would suggest getting the trainer. Otherwise just do the problem sets and listen to JY's videos, it very well might be enough to get you to your target score for LR
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    IMHO the best book out there for LR is the Manhattan book, even better than the Trainer.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    It's all in the BR. If you do it right it will reveal the patterns of the test to you, especially in the wrong ACs so that you will start to see where they are trying to mislead you and how you need to parse out the correct answer.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    @StopLawying said:
    IMHO the best book out there for LR is the Manhattan book, even better than the Trainer.
    Uh oh. I bet this just caused an attack of some sort for @nicole.hopkins .
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @"GSU Hopeful" said:
    I really liked Manhattan LR too, especially its categorization of wrong answer types. I’m not sure I’d go so far as to say it’s better than Trainer, but I think they go hand in hand.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    I agree. I wasn't meaning to down Manhattan if I did. The book had a lot of great ideas and tid bits to it. But, I in no way think it is better than the Trainer. But that's just me. Everyone is going to be different.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited November 2015 7965 karma
    @StopLawying said:
    Manhattan book, even better than the Trainer.
    Well Mike Kim wrote both, and he wrote one of them after the other. So which one do you think it makes more sense to focus on? Version 1.0 or 2.0?
    7965 karma
    @"GSU Hopeful" said:
    Nah I got this ;)
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    can someone explain the best way to BR?
    7965 karma
    @kennedybj said:
    can someone explain the best way to BR?
    @c.janson35
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    @kennedybj circle the questions during the test you aren't 100% confident in. Review them after by eliminating all answer choices for concrete reasons, and selecting the right answer choices for concrete reasons. if you have pdf's, try doing this on a blank copy so that you aren't biased towards your original answer choices.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma