Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need help calming nerves.

mzsheribaby2983mzsheribaby2983 Alum Member
edited March 2014 in General 58 karma
I'm so nervous about the LSAT. I just can't help myself. I'm taking my first practice test and I'm taking each section, answering the questions and then going over the answers. I don't know how to calm my nerves. Any tips?

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Some scotch maybe.

Good luck on your first test. You might be nervous because it's your first test. As you practice more of them, you'll become familiar with them. Hopefully, you'll develop your rhythm and be less anxious.

The LSAT is important but don't lose track of the big picture. It's just one of the steps for law school, the start of a legal career. This is just the prep so don't be nervous to make mistakes. That's what the prep is for - to make mistakes and learn from them. By the time the test day rolls around, you'll have mastered the test and will be confident, not nervous. And even if you flunk, you can always retake.

Good luck
  • Jason Camp_Jason Camp_ Alum Member
    61 karma
    The Island has some very wise words. I second the scotch.
  • Connie O.-1Connie O.-1 Free Trial Member
    12 karma
    Linden tea and excercise! Cant emphasize the last one enough- youd be amazed how balanced it can keep you...also if your having like actual *trigger warning panic attacks I wouldn't advice you drink or smoke....yes not even weed
  • beemomo8beemomo8 Alum Member
    82 karma
    Doing a light stretch session and listening to feel-good songs before taking the tests helped me out extremely. Also eat some dark chocolate before you start :)
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    It may sound bizarre, but I would say finding a way to make the LSAT fun has helped me. When you look forward to it, you tend to have a positive mentality--which in turn provides the awesome dividends of doing well.
  • FutureJD27FutureJD27 Free Trial Member
    15 karma
    How exactly did you make it fun?
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    By drinking scotch.
  • You will find it fun by seeing your progress, Future JD27!
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2014 3658 karma
    What this person said. ^
  • ArchiebootsArchieboots Alum Member
    155 karma
    You need to build confidence and the best for this is practice. A lot of fear comes from the unknown - you'll never be able to know the LSAT 100% or to predict questions but hey after some time you'll be able to spot patterns and conquer questions. Also, do something relaxing before taking a prep test (it might be watching a tv show, going for a walk, etc.) - it can't hurt!