Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Book that groups flawed questions by the type of flaw?

keeper962keeper962 Member
edited November 2015 in General 32 karma
Hi I know that there are books that group the logical reasoning into question types but does anyone know of a book or other study material that has lsat questions grouped specifically by the type of flaw
EX.) the flaw: Absence of evidence-describes the flaw and then lists flawed lsat questions that are this flaw
do this for each type of flaw
(I feel this would really help me see how each type of flaw is used in a lsat question) -Thanks

Comments

• Julia LJulia L Alum Member
    edited November 2015 354 karma
    The Trainer does this somewhat--it categorizes flaws into 3 broad groups. And the Trainer really helps train your brain to identify flaws even when it's not required by the question stem. Definitely helps to understand each type of flaw better!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    There is no such book but I've considered working on something like this. It would require a tremendous number of man-hours so it's back burner for now.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Personally I think this would be just as unhelpful as breaking down games by type. If you do flaw questions and know that it's a sufficiency/necessity flaw, or a subset flaw, or a causation flaw, then so much of the work is done for you and it colors your perceptions in a way that is not actually that favorable to positive growth in rewiring your brain structure. But maybe that's just me. Your BR should do more than enough to teach you all you need to know.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    But maybe that's just me. Your BR should do more than enough to teach you all you need to know.
    Yeah I agree that if you use this kind of resource in the wrong "order" in your prep, you'd jeopardize your ability to be able to identify flaws on the fly. But I could also see it being useful.
  • keeper962keeper962 Member
    32 karma
    Thanks for the suggestions- I will check out The Trainer and just continue doing BR for now- if anyone has any other suggestions for learning flawed question types let me know:)
  • cjones76cjones76 Alum Member
    318 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    There is no such book but I've considered working on something like this.
    A little support for Mike Kim's prediction on your LSAT love... hahaha ;)