Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Video Link] RC Webinar, Round 2: Reading Comprehension (All levels) with Nicole, "It's Hammer Time"

nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
edited September 2017 in Webinars 7965 karma
Webinar video here:

YOU ASKED FOR IT: Hey folks—You've been asking if I'd offer this webinar again. Well, you have spoken: I have heard you. It's Hammer Time—ROUND 2!

If you missed the first one, or just need a refresher, this is for you!

RC Webinar | Saturday, November 14th 6pm–8pm ET

Free and open to the public (and to folks at all levels of LSAT mastery).

It's Hammer Time

In this webinar, I'll share my notation strategy and talk about how to effectively turn the passage into a toolbox with which you'll eliminate 4 wrong answer choices for each question. This strategy is for beginners, strugglers, and experts looking to refine their own method.

There will be a Q&A period and, time permitting, I'll demonstrate how to eliminate answer choices effectively.

If you'd like to join (we will be using GoToWebinar), follow the link below.

Note: no special materials or preparation necessary!

Please register for It's Hammer Time | Reading Comprehension with Nicole (7sage Webinar Series) on Nov 14, 2015 5:00 PM CST at:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4378000585563908609

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Brought to you by GoToWebinar®
Webinars Made Easy®
If you're unable to attend, don't worry—we'll cycle through the list of topics periodically, and a recording will be available.

In the meantime, you can review the slides on my website (ilovelsat.com) by using this link: http://www.ilovelsat.com/s/Webinar_RC.pdf

In the future, I plan to offer another, more advanced (but always free) webinar: "All About Those Inferences." Stay tuned for that!

Comments

• kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    Already registered!
  • shainabarbershainabarber Alum Member
    109 karma
    Missed last time, but I'll be there this time. Reading Comp somehow went from my best to worst section and more practice doesn't seem to be making much difference.

Looking forward to this!
  • jinbin00jinbin00 Alum Member
    53 karma
    Registered!
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @nicole.hopkins have you determined which passage you'll be using to demonstrate eliminating wrong answer choices? I realize we might not have time to get to this and I highly doubt we can get through a whole passage, but I would like to take a stab at it and then compare my work with yours.
  • sean.marzsean.marz Alum Member
    181 karma
    Had some troubles hearing what you were saying last time so I didn't really learn all of the notation you use. I have seen positive results as a result of boxing, circling and underlining so I'm looking forward to hearing this again!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @tanes256 -- it'll be from the June 2007 test—likely the one about dating agriculture in Ireland.

@sean.marz Yes we'll all be hoping for smooth sailing from GoToWebinar as well as a successful recording of the whole thing :D
  • schyler.coxschyler.cox Alum Member
    152 karma
    @shainabarber said:
    Reading Comp somehow went from my best to worst section and more practice doesn't seem to be making much difference.
    SAME. I went from -3 or 4 to -5 to -7... and I don't understand!
  • amyrussellamyrussell Member
    20 karma
    Do I need the June 2007 test?
    7965 karma
    @amyrussell said:
    Do I need the June 2007 test?
    Good to have it handy but we'll be doing everything on-screen.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Thank you so much for your time! Hope recording works for anyone that wasn't able to attend.
  • FrostbyteFrostbyte Member
    140 karma
    How can we get the recording? Missed it!
  • 199 karma
    @nicole.hopkins

Did I diagram these conditionals correctly???? Please help!

J will arrive before either M or N, but not both

N-----J------M or M----J----N

J will arrive after M or before N, but not both

N----M---J or J---N---M
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @"LSAT Determined" said:
    Did I diagram these conditionals correctly????
    Just be careful .. in the second scenario..M and N have no relationship to eachother.
    53 karma
    Hi everyone. I missed the lesson due to a family matter. Does anyone know where I can get the recording? Thank you!
    7965 karma
    Video's live, folks:
    53 karma
    Thank you Nicole! Appreciate it =)
  • amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    @nicole.hopkins is a beautiful, beautiful soul! :)
  • Anthony LAnthony L Alum Member
    53 karma
    Around 53:45, what is a "perfect pre-phrase"?
    7965 karma
    @"Anthony L" said:
    Around 53:45, what is a "perfect pre-phrase"?
    Pre-phrase = when you have an idea of what the answer will be after reading the stimulus. It's a made up word for the LSAT world to my knowledge ;) Perfect pre-phrase is when you know exactly what the answer choice is likely to be and you find it immediately in the AC's.
  • Anthony LAnthony L Alum Member
    53 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    Pre-phrase = when you have an idea of what the answer will be after reading the stimulus. It's a made up word for the LSAT world to my knowledge ;) Perfect pre-phrase is when you know exactly what the answer choice is likely to be and you find it immediately in the AC's.
    thank you!
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    @nicole.hopkins Even better the second time around.
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    edited September 2017 2573 karma

@HereisSara here ya go!