Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Realistic Timeline for Soldier/Student

A1208160A1208160 Member
in General 14 karma
Hi all. I am looking for some input on a realistic timeline to prepare for the LSAT. I am currently active duty Army with about 8.5 months until I start ETS leave and transition into a full time student. Currently I attend a university part time near my post so that is added in along with my full time job. I will have approximately two years of college left once I exit the military. I see this upcoming period to be my best chance to focus on the LSAT and would like to aim to take the LSAT June 2016 or September 2016 if that is more realistic.

My work schedule is the normal military schedule with my day ending around 1700. I have my own office to spend breakfast and lunch break studying which could add about 1.5 to 2 hours of study time throughout the day. Along with this I will have a few classes but nothing too hard or time consuming and after February I will not have any classes at all to worry about. However classes are accelerated.

I am contemplating purchasing the Premium, giving myself right at 6 months of study time to nail concepts and take as many PTs as possible. Then if I am not averaging 170+ over the last 10 PTs look at extending and aiming for September. I already have paper copies of 17-38 and 52-71.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Thank you for your service. I'll PM you shortly.
  • ltownsjrltownsjr Alum Member
    84 karma
    Thank you for your service
  • A1208160A1208160 Member
    14 karma
    I just finished my first PT. I was anxious to see how it would go before ever touching the course and decided to take the most recent test I had available and took PT 71 December 2013. I did not do a blind review. After entering answers into the grader on the site I scored a 156.

Notably it was -10 LR, -8 LG, -8 LR, -10 RC. I did not answer 4 of the LG questions, and interestingly both LR sections I was able to complete and then had time to review all answers before time expired.

With a 156 diagnostic is the 170+ range by June doable? With that being said I have also purchased the Premium course.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    yes!
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    You should have plenty of time to get to where you want to be. Great job planning so far ahead, I'm sure there are many of us who wish we could have done that. Thank you for your service & good luck with your studies.
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    Thanks for your service - I'll PM you. I will say the advantage to June is it's in the afternoon which is great if you're not a morning person like me. Otherwise September gives you more time if your PTs are not where you want them to be.