Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else starting to feel tense about writing the test?

sean.marzsean.marz Alum Member
edited November 2015 in December 2015 LSAT 181 karma
I've studied for the LSAT for the past 8 months and have written the LSAT before so it won't be my first (or even second) sitting. I've been writing a PT most, if not every, weekend for as long as I remember. I'm scoring in a range on my timed PTs that if I were to get the average of those scores on test day I could close this chapter of my life and be happy (again, if I score closer to my BR scores I'll be even happier!).

Despite all this and feeling confident I have some nerves that are starting to build as we inch closer to the exam. I find that meditation (love that 24 minute one on the site) is helping a lot but still sometimes late at night my mind begins to wander. Anyone else feeling the same?

Maybe when that happens I should go for a midnight jog.

Comments

• Julia LJulia L Alum Member
    edited November 2015 354 karma
    I feel nervous but also excited! I've been studying for over a year, so I know what you mean. I also took it before, and the nerves really messed me up the first time.

In addition to taking PTs and thorough, thorough BR... honestly, I think the best thing I'm doing is rest and breaks from the LSAT. I just forget about it for periods of times, and I come back to it and I feel refreshed and confident.

I do meditate, which helps my concentration. And I've been running about 5 miles a few times a week, and this helps tremendously!! It knocks me out so that the nerves don't mess up my sleep. I have never been a runner, so the LSAT has motivated me to do so many things!!

Also, I've been training myself to turn my nerves into excitement. I get really excited to solve all of the questions on the test and read those SUPER INTERESTING RC passages.

Got a lot of these ideas from http://7sage.com/five-strategies-for-combating-lsat-anxiety/

You can do this!!
  • Artwork94Artwork94 Free Trial Member
    edited November 2015 140 karma
    Yes, running is a must!!! I'm so in the zone when I run with my EDM pumped playlist that there is no way to start LSAT worrying, literally the only part of my day where I don't have a constant flood of LSAT "what ifs." And I have started meditating, works nicely as well
  • sean.marzsean.marz Alum Member
    181 karma
    @"Julia L" said:
    I've been training myself to turn my nerves into excitement. I get really excited to solve all of the questions on the test and read those SUPER INTERESTING RC passages.
    This is great! This is definitely how I intend to handle these feelings. Thank you so much for the link to the combining anxiety article. I'm not sure that I've read it before.
    @Artwork94 said:
    literally the only part of my day where I don't have a constant flood of LSAT "what ifs."
    Amen. Going to go for a 20 min jog before my PT tomorrow morning!
  • PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
    359 karma
    Totally normal! A few weeks before the test I was actually wishing it was sooner so I could just get over it! Multiple nightmares about misbubbling (actually happened a few times on PTs), not able to solve a game at all (also happened a few times on PTs), or running out of time with half the section still left (never happened on PTs, but the pressure is real!). Most relaxing I did was give myself two or three weekday nights off where I just watch movies (also I did binge on MSG V for 50 hours in Sept....). Talking with friends also helped a lot, and venting on forums. Anyways, just don't let it overwhelm you and best of luck!
  • EliseLSATEliseLSAT Member
    2 karma
    I'm at the point where I feel like I may throw up at any moment and like Petrichor, I sometimes wish the test were sooner so that I can get it over with. I'm having a hard time trying to remain calm and my anxiety does not help my test performance whatsoever. I'll need to meditate/get active for these next two weeks to try to shake these nerves off.
  • poohbearpoohbear Alum Member
    496 karma
    People really don't emphasize enough how important mental toughness is for this test. I had a couple bouts of mental breakdowns/anxiety attacks over the last few weeks, and I constantly found myself nervous over this test. It's definitely a challenge, but we just need to believe in our own abilities. Keep pushing-- it's possible!!
  • Artwork94Artwork94 Free Trial Member
    edited November 2015 140 karma
    @poohbear I think mental toughness also comes into play with the "waiting game" I almost went crazy while waiting for October scores, not looking forward to this again....anyone have tips for keeping your cool the days after?