Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG progress

mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
in General 631 karma
Hey,

Just getting into LG curriculum and wondering if everyone else started off extremely slow too? I find that I'm spending way too much time on certain questions with the obvious intention of improving my speed as I go along.

Does everyone start off this way? It's kind of discouraging, but the bright side is that I AM understanding what I'm learning, and with the additional time, I seem to come up with the right answer about 90-95% of the time. By the way, not talking about a whole lot of time - just a couple extra minutes per game than what would be expected on test day.

Thanks for the advice!

Comments

• kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    I think everyone is at a different level when they start the course, so for some they will learn much quicker and others may take more time. In the end, it's not going to matter how you started but how rather how you finished. Keep putting the effort in and you'll see the results.
  • 84 karma
    You'll be surprised how much you'll pick up. Eventually if you do enough games, it will become 2nd nature and you won't need to take extra time. But this is assuming that you're correctly making inferences, because once you master those, you can speed up going through the questions.
    697 karma
    Just keep at it. And don't forget you have a great community here to help you along the way.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Yes, that's normal. Your time will improve as your knowledge and familiarity improves, and as you say you are understanding things fully, so I'm sure time improvement will follow.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    I'm adding a discussion I created 8 months ago to give you some perspective: http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2577/foolproof-ing-is-never-ending

It'll all get better.
  • hlsat180hlsat180 Free Trial Member
    362 karma
    Yes, and starting out LGs were slow for me, too.

IMO you have the beginnings of the right approach - improve accuracy then speed. Improving speed requires tracking data (time it takes you, by common Game type) to ID and prioritize which weaknesses to work on. Then within those games, ID time it takes you to diagram and answer each question to, once again, ID and address what is slowing you down the most. Drill until your weaknesses become strengths, then move on to the next Game type.

When starting I barely finished two games within 35 minutes. Currently I finish 3 consistently, with most often 2 or so questions remaining in the fourth game. So keep at it!
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @kennedybj said:
    it's not going to matter how you started but how rather how you finished.
    I like this!
    697 karma
    @nye8870 said:
    I like this!
    I have more...
    The LSAT is not a sprint, its a marathon.