Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Retake in Feb or Not??? (Fall 2016 Matriculation)

So LG3 rocked me, and I don't feel good about LG4 either. Usually my LG is near perfect. I'm talking -2 for an oversight and a rule substitution question. However, I think I did very well on RC, which I usually bomb on. LR neutral.

Benefits and drawbacks of a Feb retake? NEED a 160 for all of the schools I care to attend, and even if there is a healthy curve, I'm not sure I'll score in that range.

Anyone else in a similar boat? Need to vent? Need to retake? Not sure if I should be planning on waiting two more months before I can send apps. Might really hurt me. SO LOST.

Comments

• Alex ShortAlex Short Alum Member
    112 karma
    I'm in a similar boat - I felt as though, as Dec approached, my scores were getting much better (reaching a peak of 89 raw score right before the test). I took the test, and although LG was rough, I felt as though LG3 was an easy game built to look scary - I didn't have enough time to finish game #4 completely, so I guessed on 2 or 3 questions.

I am gonna take what I get for this Dec test, and just keep on preparing apps as well as prepping for the LSAT. If I really get a weaker score than I thought (lower 160s), I will be prepared for Feb.

The only issue is that if I get near my goal score (170) but fall short... It'll be hard to know whether a retake is in my best interest. Either way, while we wait for scores to come back, it's probably best to keep at the PTs and BR while there is ample time.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    This is ALL speculation as to your actual performance. Everyone does this! :) But it's not good for anything. So just chill out and wait to get your score. Keep your skills up between now and then.
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    So just chill out and wait to get your score
    yes please do this. everyone.no seriously, please
  • mimimimimimimimi Free Trial Member
    368 karma
    I actually found it healthy to take a break from studying as long as you do not lose your test mentality. Study on a lighter load while waiting for your Dec score. I am sure you did fine! I do pray to God that they gave us -14...
  • Mike StoneMike Stone Member
    111 karma
    Haha okay, I guess I'll just sit in purgatory for now & try to keep calm. I've just heard bad things about taking the Feb exam, so I'm sweating!! But you've answered quite a few of my discussions @nicole.hopkins i trust you lol.
  • Mike StoneMike Stone Member
    111 karma
    And sounds like we're on the same page @"Alex Short"
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"Mike Stone" said:
    I've just heard bad things about taking the Feb exam, so I'm sweating!!
    Chilly-willy :)