Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal Statement help

Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
in General 1196 karma
Hey guys,

Has anyone found any affordable resources to help them edit & fine tune their personal statements?

Thanks

Comments

• kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    have you purchased the 7sage add on??
  • lsatingslsatings Alum Member
    349 karma
    I just bought a few kindle books from different consultants, books of sample essays, etc and sort of outlined the qualities schools were looking for and went about it that way. It was cheaper for me than using a consultant and I did pretty well on my essays too actually. I can't compare it to a consultant (or the 7sage add on for that matter) because I haven't used either. But I think the books I got were sufficient (and fairly cheap!).
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Hey, the Personal Statement Bundle is only 59 cents. You can pick it up here:
    http://7sage.com/addons/

Expect the price to go up very soon since it's almost 100% complete.
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Thanks but already have the bundle. I have already finished most of it I just need someone to review it and edit it and see if they have any recommendations.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    You can take it to your campus for editing and then the prelaw at your school too.
    1196 karma
    Thanks @stepharizona I was going to do that but they have already shutdown for Christmas break. Thanks though.
  • bbutlerbbutler Inactive ⭐
    edited December 2015 401 karma
    I've heard great things at Spivey Consulting as far as resume and personal statement work. I'm not sure if they have any spots left but they would be awesome resources to use.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Have you reached out to @david.busis he did the new personal statement area for 7Sage and is for hire on an hourly basis.
    1196 karma
    Hi @stepharizona, I have just trying to find a more afordable option. Thanks.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Just a heads up: pretty much anyone worth hiring is going to charge $75/page or $100/hr at a minimum.
    8021 karma
    And honestly rates like that are a steal. Some places it is $400-750 flat rate for a PS.
    8021 karma
    I know our own @nicole.hopkins has some really great experience in this arena. She would be a very good option and likely at a reasonable rate given that she doesn't do it exclusively.
  • lsatingslsatings Alum Member
    349 karma
    I could look it over (for free). I've worked at law schools, read a lot of consulting books, and done a lot of research. I'm not a professional, but I definitely know a thing or two about what personal statements should look like and how to set yourself apart (everyone thinks their statement/ideas are original, and as someone who read a million application essays I was ready to pull my hair out because of the redundancy). So, at the very least I can try to provide some constructive feedback on what you have/the general direction you should go with it.
    1196 karma
    Thanks everyone!