Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Repeating old LSATs

lewis.waringlewis.waring Alum Member
edited April 2014 in General 68 karma
So I am taking the LSAT in June, and am nearing the end of the curriculum here. 7sage offers 9 LSATs in the Starter kit but I am assuming I will need more to prepare with. I have 40 LSATs which I've purchased, but I've already done 90% of them pre-7sage. My question is, if I completed an LSAT 3 or 4 months ago, is it really bad to erase it all and then take it again? I seem to see a lot of stigma against repeating LSATs. There is good reason for this, I'm guessing, because if you remember questions, you are not getting a real measure of your success. However, it seems to me that if I took a test 3 months ago, I'm not really going to remember many details about it (especially considering I was taking the tests without heavy analysis at that point). So, it seems to me that I could take one of these completed LSATs and erase the whole thing, and then retake as if it was an untaken LSAT. It would be pretty beneficial for me to have all these tests available to me again, but I might be missing something. Is there some very good reason I shouldn't retake old LSATs?

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited April 2014 3438 karma
    Old LSATs with proper blind review are beneficial in combination with those that you have not done. Repeating some questions actually helps cement reasoning patterns. Old games are especially good.
  • AlenaLSATAlenaLSAT Alum Member
    182 karma
    I thinks that logic games are good to repeat. That's what I do, and the games which I have not done for a couple of months are like new to me. On LR, probably assumption questions, and any formal logic questions are ok to repeat.
  • ArchiebootsArchieboots Alum Member
    155 karma
    Yes repeat them - it can never hurt, especially for games as stated by Nilesh and Alena.
    Also, in old tests you encounter "weird" games that might come handy to be used to. The February LSAT for instance had a circular game that threw most people off.
    Have you purchased most recent tests like PT69, 70 or 71? Every LSAT is different but you can get a glimpse of what the questions have been like recently. I've noticed a few Principle EXCEPT questions on recent tests.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Ya, you're good. Repeat them and learn from analyzing them.