Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Plan

Kristen BKristen B Member
edited February 2016 in General 388 karma
Hello Everyone,

Currently I am trying to get together a firm study plan. Originally, I was going to take the February LSAT but unfortunately things did not go as planned. Anyhow, I am going to take the June LSAT but I wanted to know how to effectively study from now until June. I finished the foundation coursework with 7Sage, furthermore I have taken 10 LSAT exams. A lot of the study guide plans I came across have suggested that I spend the next 3 months breaking up the games (Linear/grouping/in-out) with each month as well as breaking up LR question types into each month. Additionally, one should be completing a minimum of 20+ Reading comp passages a month. Do you think this will be an effective plan, or should I be covering each game/LR type every month? Instead of going the divide and tackle route. I really appreciate any advice you guys could give and thank you in advance for your help!

PS: I plan on joining the June BR group as well

-Kristen :)

Comments

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I've found those generic study plans to be ineffective for most people. Figure out your weaknesses. My rule of thumb is, don't drill by type if you don't have to. If you're not weak on any particular question type on LR, or any particular game type in LG, then drill timed sections. If a certain type of question or game is giving you trouble, then by all means, drill that game or question-type.

If you have finished the unconditional coursework, and feel that you're ready to PT, then use the next few months to PT and BR. You absolutely must BR! Not doing so would be a waste of PTs, since you would not be able to isolate your weaknesses and tackle them head on.

You could also PT, find weaknesses through BR, and drill whatever it is that is giving you trouble.