Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hamilton thread

allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
in General 1128 karma
This is purely for fun.
The Hamilton soundtrack was my pump up music before the LSAT administration in Dec. I went in saying, "I am not throwing away my shot!"
So, this is for the other Hamilton devotees out there. I know there are some of you on 7Sage.
If you haven't heard it yet, go listen to the opening number on Spotify. I don't even care how you feel about musicals, go listen to it.
...I guess we could also talk about other things that you love that bring you sanity during your study sessions...

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    It's on my Spotify while I exercise. It's pretty awesome. "I'm Aaron Burr. I'm the damn fool who shot him."
  • bjphillips5bjphillips5 Alum Member
    1137 karma
    It's the best album, writing, music, and musical this year. I've probably listened hundreds of times. The best.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    My girls are going to New York on school trip for Spring Break solely for the Hamilton experience. Guess I am going to have to add it to my inspirational music?
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    Yes!! @DumbHollywoodActor I also exercise to it. Actually I do pretty much everything with that soundtrack in the background. But definitely running.
    @bjphillips5 ahhh, yes! So good - I listened to it *non-stop* on an 6 hr roadtrip a few weeks back...
    @twssmith if you can go, do it!! can you get tickets though? I heard it's sold out for quite a while.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    I AM OBSESSED
  • AnthonyDAnthonyD Alum Member
    28 karma
    The cabinet battles are great! Well, all the songs are great.

Hamilton will be on PBS's Great Performances in the fall 2016.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/blog/a-behind-the-scenes-look-at-lin-manuel-mirandas-broadway-musical-hamilton/
    1128 karma
    I didn't know about the PBS show! I'll have to catch that. Just checked out Chernow's biography that the musical is based on - I'm so excited to read it!
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    I'm trying to see it in New York this summer!!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    My girls have great seats for Hamilton - they are seeing 5 shows in 4 days:) Sadly, I am not going on trip:(
    1128 karma
    @blah170blah pleazzz live tweet everything!!!!
  • marcosmcqueenmarcosmcqueen Member
    241 karma
    I just had to bring this one back for a second because you're the ones who inspired me to listen to Hamilton. This soundtrack is F'N' amazing. Best political musical I've heard since Evita. It's instantly become a fixture on my Spotify playlist and will almost certainly be my most listened to album year.
    As a small token of my gratitude, I offer this collision between Hamilton and one of the most brilliant groups of a generation, The (legendary) Roots (crew).
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2016 7468 karma
    In case people are wondering what this “Hamilton" is, here’s one of the first live performances of the opening song (7 years ago, actually. Think about that when you’re upset you’ve had to prep for this test for over 6 whole months), in front of no one less than President Obama:

1128 karma
    @marcosmcqueen so glad you found and love the soundtrack!!
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Because you have to share Hermione sharing which house the house would be sorted into... http://www.buzzfeed.com/alivelez/hamilton-goes-to-hogwarts?bftw&utm_term=4ldqpfp#4ldqpfp
    1137 karma
    Check out the new avatar.
    1128 karma
    YAASSSS!!!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    My girls are in NYC and seeing Hamilton tomorrow night. Not sure how it happened, but one of my girls just sent me a selfie with Angelica from the show:)
    1128 karma
    So. Jealous.
    1137 karma
    I know this outs me as an absolute Hamilton nerd, but this was a really interesting read about the commercial success of Hamilton
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited April 2016 27822 karma
    Hey, Lin-Manuel Miranda just won the Pulitzer for drama for Hamilton!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Hey, Lin-Manuel Miranda just won the Pulitzer for drama for Hamilton!
    Heehee - thanks for the scoop! my girls didn''t know and I look hip and cool:)
    at least for the moment...
    27822 karma
    Haha! T, you're totally hip and cool!
    1128 karma
    Haha yes! Never miss an opportunity to show up the kids on their own turf...
    Anyone else read the Chernow biography the show is based on? I'm about 2/3 finished (it's real long, but fascinating!).
    My main takeaway is Hamilton was a singular genius and Jefferson might be the worst ever. Biased? Nah...
  • marcosmcqueenmarcosmcqueen Member
    edited April 2016 241 karma
    Is it weird that Columbia has become one of my top choice schools just because I'd like to declare, "I got a scholarship to King's College."?
    1128 karma
    @marcosmcqueen taking fandom to a whole new level...
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Random decompressing moment from the incredible webinar about Str/Wkn questions - Forgive me..
    Some guy named James Corden on his late night show tonight - who is hosting the Tony's - has a moment with Rosie O'Donnell about Hamilton that is funny!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Sadly, unlike @"Cant Get Right" watching algorithms - I am watching late night tv:)
    27822 karma
    Nothing wrong with late night. I like Colbert and Fallon. And even though no one watches it, Last Call with Carson Daly is the best of them all, believe it or not.