[Webinar!] Anticipating Answer Choices with Sage Jimmy Dahroug | Thurs. 3/31 at 5pm ET

Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
in Webinars 4344 karma

Anticipating Answer Choices with Sage Jimmy Dahroug

Thursday 3/31 at 5pm ET

Sage Jimmy (173) will be conducting an intensive on how, when, and why to anticipate answer choices—and what that really means. Appropriate for all levels of prep!

To join the webinar, please do the following:

Anticipating Answer Choices with Sage Jimmy Dahroug
Thu, Mar 31, 2016 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM CDT

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/453435877

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States +1 (408) 650-3123

Access Code: 453-435-877
Note on all webinars: Only the live webinars are free and open to the public. No recordings will be made publicly available, but we do make webinar recordings available to 7sage's students as part of the paid course. So if you want to get some great webinar content for free, be sure to attend the live version. Furthermore, any recording or broadcasting of webinars is strictly prohibited (Periscope, screencapture, etc.) and constitutes a violation of LSAC's copyright. Copyright infringement is not a good way to start a legal career.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    I’ll be there!
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Don't forget this is starting now!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    I hate Eastern time. I always do it the wrong way!
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Notes from today:
    Anticipating/Predicting Answer Choices
    Agenda
     What does anticipation mean?
     Why is it important?
     When should I anticipate?
     How specific should I be?
     Practice
     Q&A

What does anticipation mean?
    o Its predicting what the answer might be… or rather is helps you process what you’ve seen and view it simply.
    o Anticipating is a better phrase than “predicting or pre phrasing” as you cannot actively predict answers verbatim, but you can anticipate what you might see as an answer choice.
    o This is something you do BEFORE looking at any answer choices, considering and processing everything you’ve read.

Why is it important?
    o Anticipating an answer choices helps you process and thinking better about what you’ve just read.
    o Keeps you actively engaged.
    o The LSATis giving you trap answer or "attractor" answer choices, as these answers are purposely made to be seen as a possible answer
    o Anticipating answer choices is “your best friend” as it can help you avoid those "attractor" answers

When should I anticipate?
    o Every time, in every section make it a habit
     What am I thinking about?
     What question type was this?
     I am looking for a question that does this or this
    o Take it as far as you can for every question.

How specific should I be?
    o Take it as far as you can, but the focus is on successful analysis
    o Its ok to be broad and have a few general ideas
    o Don’t worry about how “close” it is
    • If it a SA question, you might be able to get close but not verbatim. For example, the concept might be the same while the answer choice wasn’t what you “thought”

Practice
    o Create “Contendors” ones that could be the answer and meet the criteria of what you’ve anticipated. You want to keep these.
    o Eliminate ones that don’t meet your anticipation
    o Before you make a final answer go back through the contenders considering all factors.
     Q&A

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Awesome @stepharizona !! Thank you:)
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    I really appreciate all of the support to participate! It actually helped calm my nerves while my twin daughters wait on their last 2 UGrad acceptance/denial emails due to be released at any moment. I wasn't kidding about background distractions:)
  • rochelleb180rochelleb180 Alum Member
    53 karma
    How do I access this webinar on my iPhone or do I just read the notes?
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Download the 7Sage app --> go to "Discussion" ---> and then click on "Webinar videos"
  • rochelleb180rochelleb180 Alum Member
    edited December 2016 53 karma
    Hi Mr. Divine! I have the 7 Sage app and I have a tab that says Discussions but no tab for webinar videos. I'm very frustrated because I spent all day trying to access the sage jimmy 173 anticipating answers video. I also tried to access this on two different pc's and I get nowhere. I feel stupid. Can someone help me? I postponed taking the LSAT today and I feel crappy. Having access to the webinars would ease my pain?
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @rochelleb180 said:
    Hi Mr. Divine! I have the 7 Sage app and I have a tab that says Discussions but no tab for webinar videos. I'm very frustrated because I spent all day trying to access the sage jimmy 173 anticipating answers video. I also tried to access this on two different pc's and I get nowhere. I feel stupid. Can someone help me? I postponed taking the LSAT today and I feel crappy. Having access to the webinars would ease my pain?
    Hover over Discussion, it will show more options. This is the Webinar one:
    https://7sage.com/webinar/