Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I bring a backpakg to the testing center?

Philip-1Philip-1 Member
in General 46 karma
I will take the June LSAT for the first time in my life. I saw that we can't bring a cellphone to the testing center, but can we bring a backpack and put the cellphone in the backpack during the test? I was wondering if they provide some designated areas for us to put personal belongings like a backpack, etc.

Comments

• Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    No, you can only bring the items listed on the LSAC info along with your snack & drink in a large ziplock bag.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    No. Only a ziplock bag.
    4344 karma
    You cannot bring "personal belongings" other than the allowed items in the ziplock bag.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    edited May 2016 3197 karma
    From the LSAC: Items Allowed in the Test Room: http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/day-of-test/

You may bring into the test room a clear plastic ziplock bag (maximum size: 1 gallon/3.79 liters), which must be stored under your chair and may be accessed only during the break.

The sealed ziplock bag may contain ONLY the following items:
    valid ID
    wallet
    keys
    medical products (including diabetic testing supplies)
    feminine hygiene products
    No. 2 or HB wooden pencils
    highlighter
    erasers (no erasers with sleeves)
    pencil sharpener
    tissues
    beverage in plastic container or juice box (maximum size: 20 oz/591 ml)—no aluminum cans or glass containers permitted
    snack
    All items must fit in the ziplock bag such that the bag can be sealed.
    Test takers are permitted to wear an analog (nondigital) wristwatch. (Timing devices of any other kind are not permitted.)

Items Allowed on the Desktop
    Test takers may have ONLY the following items on the desktop:
    tissues
    valid ID
    LSAT Admission Ticket
    No. 2 or HB wooden pencils
    erasers
    pencil sharpener
    highlighter
    analog (nondigital) wristwatch
    Beverage and snack are NOT permitted on the desktop and may be accessed only during the break.
    Note: I asked the proctor if I could have my inhaler on my desk and they said yes. If I didnt, I would have had to raise my hand to access my bag if I had an asthma attack.

Prohibited Items
    You MAY NOT bring into the test center or use any of the following:
    electronic timers of any kind
    electronic cigarettes
    fitness tracking devices
    digital watches, alarm watches, beeping watches, calculator watches
    cell phones, beepers, pagers, personal digital assistants (PDAs)
    personal computers
    calculators
    photographic or recording devices
    listening devices
    headsets, iPods, or other media players
    books, dictionaries, papers of any kind
    rulers
    mechanical pencils
    mechanical erasers or erasers with sleeves
    ink pens or felt-tip markers
    briefcases, handbags, backpacks of any kind
    earplugs
    hats/hoods (except religious apparel) may not be worn on the head
    sunglasses may not be worn
    weapons or firearms
    LSAC has adopted a no-tolerance policy with regard to the use or possession of electronic devices, including cell phones, or in possession of a weapon or firearm.
    3197 karma
    Also read this: http://www.lsac.org/docs/default-source/jd-docs/candidate-info-sheet.pdf

You may not bring into the test center or use any of the following:

books, dictionaries, papers of any kind, rulers, mechanical pencils,
    mechanical erasers or erasers with sleeves, ink pens or felt-tip markers,
    briefcases, handbags, backpacks of any kind, earplugs, hats/hoods
    (except religious apparel) may not be worn on the head
    , and sun
    glasses may not be worn.

Test takers who take prohibited nonelectronic
    items into the testing room will be subject to the confiscation of such
    items by the supervisor. An LSAT Violation Notice will be issued by test
    center staff.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Negative, and, they're pretty stringent when it comes to that policy.
  • quinnxzhangquinnxzhang Member
    edited June 2016 611 karma
    I, along with quite a few other test takers, brought a backpack/bag with me. We weren't allowed to take them into our testing rooms, but the proctors did collect them for holding in a separate room in the building. We collected them after turning in our tests.

This might have been unique to my testing center, but I imagine that this issue commonly arises, so maybe there's some de facto storage area at your testing center as well?
  • jessicaljjessicalj Alum Member
    172 karma
    Similar experience as @quinnxzhang. In my testing centre, test takers' bags were stored at the front of the room, behind the proctors. If you can avoid bringing a bag to the testing centre (leave in car if driving, find secure storage space within walking distance etc.), I would recommend it based on the majority of responses in this thread.
    4344 karma
    @quinnxzhang said:
    I, along with quite a few other test takers, brought a backpack/bag with me. We weren't allowed to take them into our testing rooms, but the proctors did collect them for holding in a separate room in the building.
    Careful. Do NOT risk this. Do not count on getting lucky as is described in this post. All 3 of my takes did NOT allow for this in any way and I believe it may technically be grounds for a LSAC violation.
    3197 karma
    @quinnxzhang said:
    This might have been unique to my testing center, but I imagine that this issue commonly arises, so maybe there's some de facto storage area at your testing center as well?
    It might have been. At my testing center a kid had to beg to get someone else to store his bag in their car (he had been dropped off). They had just enough time to get back into the testing center, before they stopped letting people in.