Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How To study!

LeoFiro8LeoFiro8 Alum Member
edited May 2014 in General 244 karma
Hi all,
Aidin Again, I have been studying LSAT using 7sage for few months now and I have noticed many comments regarding HOW to use this website. Do you take notes when the lessons are being taught? Which pages should you print out and which ones just go over on the screen? What information between hundreds of hours of video is note worthy? How do you access the big picture spider web looking master chart J.Y. always pulls out that no one gets access to ? If anybody has a good idea about what is the most effective way to use all this useful material to our advantage without being confused please SHARE!

Comments

• ikethelsatikethelsat Alum Member
    193 karma
    Honestly dude? Watch it all. They even create a nice study program for you that takes it all in a logical order.

If you don't have time for that (which... why would you be taking the LSAT if you don't have time to study?) then prioritize! I started with curricula directly related to logic games because that was my weak point, and then attacked everything else.

Personally, I don't take notes. I don't know what exactly I would write down - but everyone is different.

The analytics function is great, too - plug in your PT scores and watch the graph hopefully make a nice, steady increase! It even tells you what areas you aren't so good at. That's been very helpful to me at least.
  • LeoFiro8LeoFiro8 Alum Member
    244 karma
    thank you !
  • vandyzachvandyzach Free Trial Member
    358 karma
    Here's a tip for those of you who, like me, and not yet LSAT Masters. So if you're PTing above 170, or if you feel like you are an LSAT Master, ignore this comment. For the rest of us, here's a tip as far as watching EXPLANATIONS (not the lessons): write or type your own explanations, THEN check them against JY's explanations. Here's why:

When you get questions wrong, except for random lucky guesses, it is because you are doing something wrong. You didn't find the flaw, you didn't see what an argument said, you didn't understand what an answer choice meant, you missed an inference, your read of the passage was not thorough enough to get all the nuances and inferences from the passage.

Don't just watch JY's explanation without typing one out on your own (or at the very least really thinking about the question, but I would really recommend typing it out). You'll just get caught up in how good the explanations are, and you'll think "Oh, that's easy! I'll get it next time!".

No- write your own explanation, THEN watch JY, and see where you went wrong.

Everyone feel free to critique this comment!
  • LeoFiro8LeoFiro8 Alum Member
    244 karma
    thank you man, i'm going to get very serious starting this week so hopefully this will help (fingers crossed).
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Vandy! That's a good one!
  • elvisliveselvislives Alum Member
    97 karma
    I recently started taking some quick notes while watching the lessons. I'm the type of peson who retains information better after doing this. If you are too, then go for it. I'd suggest printing out some, if not most, of the problem sets and doing them timed. As for what lessons to print, well that depends on what you have trouble retaining. I would say that the logical indicators/ 4 translation groups cheat sheet list is a must, though.