Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

But like, what's a score band?

BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
in General 1706 karma
I read the definition, and I understand what it is. But is the "score band" information used by law schools for admissions purposes or by anyone for any purposes? paging @"Nicole Hopkins" and @Pacifico

Comments

• BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    Like is it just a pointless thing? I confuse.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited July 2016 12637 karma
    http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/your-score/score-band
    What is a score band?
    LSAT scores are estimates of a test taker’s actual proficiency level in the skills tested. Score bands represent a range of scores that has a certain probability of containing the test taker’s actual proficiency level. The score bands reported for the LSAT are designed to include the test taker’s actual proficiency level in approximately 68 percent of cases. In other words, there is a 68 percent level of confidence that the test taker’s true score actually falls within the band.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    Haha I know thaaatttt part. But do the schools like? care? Basically it's just LSAC saying yeah they made that?
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Oh duh you totally said that in your first post and I'm an idiot. I'm just gunna...
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    I've never heard law schools or admissions mention score bands ever so I'm leaning towards no. There's always room for error but I don't think so.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2016 4344 karma
    They don't care about bands. Only reported scores since that's how they compute their medians :D
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    They don't care about bands. Only the top reported score since that's how they compute their medians. FTFY.