Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Increasing score in next 3 weeks

emilycyoung1emilycyoung1 Free Trial Member
in General 234 karma
I am determined to get a 169+ on the LSAT and I am consistently scoring around 164-165. My very first score without studying was 147 so I have come a long way in the last 4 months (hardcore been studying for past 2). My last score was 165 but due to running out of time on one section, otherwise I would've pulled out a 169 or more. I am taking the September 24th LSAT and don't tell em to postpone because A. I can't anymore, B. I am going for this test. I need advice on how to break through this plateau and improve. Logic games I usually miss anywhere from 0-3 at the very most. Logical reasoning can be anywhere from 0-7 most of the time I miss like 2 in an early LR section and the later section I miss more. And then reading comp varies since if I understand a passage I can pull out missing zero but if its a hard passage I can miss in total anywhere from 2-8. I need a 169 or above and I want to hear from people who increased their score within 3 weeks. I am studying every single day for several hours a day. Any tips would be nice.

Comments

• emilycyoung1emilycyoung1 Free Trial Member
    234 karma
    Also I am BR-ing in the high 170's.
  • KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma
    focus on LG, try to hit -1 -0 consistently
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27885 karma
    The only significant jumps I've seen in that kind of timeframe have been after breaks. Obviously that's a risky strategy at this point, but when I come back from a break, I've always seen a jump.

Strategically, if you're running out of time, you may benefit from a new pacing strategy that trades off certainty for time. So if you like answer choice A on an easy question, for example, just choose it and move on. You risk falling into traps, but you gain time to finish the section and/or break open the curve breakers.
  • midna_twilimidna_twili Free Trial Member
    56 karma
    for LR it sounds like you have an issue with test stamina so doing back to back PTs could help make 5 sections seem easier. I agree on the above suggestion to work on a pacing strategy like 10 minutes for the first 10 or 15 minutes for the first 15.

For RC it is key to read the passages efficiently. Going too fast will mean you understand nothing and underlining too much will take too long and leave the passage a mess when you have to go back to it.