Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Insight on large disparity in recent scores

Saldamando150Saldamando150 Member
in General 89 karma
Good morning guys. Was hoping I can get some insight on a recent phenomena I encountered on my last 3 PT scores.

A week ago I was so excited to have finally broken 170+. I got a 173 on PT 30. I think I must have gotten cocky or overconfident because on the next test I did (PT 54) I got a 160! My most recent test was PT 21, which was a 172.

Has this ever happened to anyone of you? I'm a little concerned since we pretty much have a week till game day so I just want to see what loose ends I can tie up. I know that my mindset of being cocky may have had a large impact. Any suggestions as to how I can be more consistent in staying in the 170 range would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Comments

• Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    First of all, have you taken any of the 70s tests yet? You should absolutely be familiar with modern LSATs before sitting for an exam.

The test changes through the years and such changes might account for why you were thrown off so much between taking PT 30 and PT 54. While people have different opinions on the topic, it's widely believed that the newer tests tend to be more difficult. This may be because the LSAT writers are adapting to how people prepare for the test, and are hitting on weaknesses that they were not addressing in the 30s PTs.

Regardless, fluctuations happen and it's part of the natural LSAT process. This close to test day, yes it's a cause for concern but not a reason to panic. Do a really in depth BR of PT 54 and examine where you went wrong. I'd recommend not scoring any more PTs that you take before the exam, this could help maintain a high level of confidence that could get shattered with a low score so close to test day.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27859 karma
    What @"Ron Swanson" said.
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Be appropriately respectful of the test and utilize the skipping strategy. That will help prevent such wild fluctuations. Timing is very important for preventing drastic drops.