Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I cancel? (Possible two cancels and 173)

181please181please Member
edited September 2016 in General 171 karma
Hello all,

I'm trying to decide if I want to cancel my score from this last September test. I really don't know how well I did, because LR/RC aside, I really messed up on LG....I ran out of time to bubble in my answers for like 8 frkn questions. I'm predicting a score in the low 160s.

How bad will it look to the committee if I have - Cancel - 173 - Cancel? I'm also on the fence about retaking the test if I don't cancel.. just to make prove to admissions that 173 wasn't an outlier...

Help.... :( and thank you!

^Posting for a friend.

Comments

• MsM1998_MsM1998_ Alum Member
    117 karma
    I wouldn't have bothered taking it again if I scored a 173 lol. To each their own I suppose. I think it'd be worse to have a cancel - 173 - lower LSAT than a cancel - 173 - cancel.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited October 2016 11542 karma
    @MrYC1995 said:
    I wouldn't have bothered taking it again if I scored a 173 lol.
    Bruh...same lol.
    @Whenwillmy180show said:
    How bad will it look to the committee if I have - Cancel - 173 - Cancel?
    Adcomms will only care about the 173 unless it's a school that averages out the scores (very very rare nowadays, I only know that Yale does this). What score are you aiming for? I will say that taking the LSAT more than 3 times doesn't look good on your record. My advice is don't cancel, the 173 will take you places.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Yeah, if you couldn't even bubble in eight questions, cancel. If any law school actually cared about your two cancels, they'd probably just assume you were going for a near-perfect score and cancel if you didn't feel 100% about your performance.
  • LSATShinobiLSATShinobi Free Trial Member
    236 karma
    lol I woulda stopped after that 173
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Cancel.
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    Never EVER thought I would advise a cancel but you need to cancel. props to you for finishing the test, I would have left right after that section and cancelled right away.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    I don't know. I understand the advice to cancel but the 173 will for sure make up for any hiccups on the Sept LSAT. Two cancels just seems off to me.
  • hhhiser_06hhhiser_06 Alum Member
    46 karma
    Your score of 173 is a extremely respectable. I would not cancel, especially if your other admission materials show a consistent level of achievement. Remember, although the LSAT score does play a significant role into your overall admissions packet, your academic achievements, letters of reference, and personal statement provide the admission's committee more context regarding your ability to achieve and ultimately to become a successful alum of their institution.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Cancel, and apply with that 173.