[Ended] Blind Review Group | PT66 | Saturday, October 29 | 5 pm EST

bjphillips5bjphillips5 Alum Member
edited October 2016 in Study Groups 1137 karma

Saturday, October 29 at 5PM ET: PT 66

Click here to join this conversation: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/219480381

Please click the link and comment if you plan on participating.

You can also dial in to the BR call by using your phone.
United States +1 (571) 317-3112
Access Code: 219-480-381 

I'm going to be the new Saturday BR Group leader! Hello, friends :) Except I won't be here next Saturday (November 5) cause someone scheduled work, why Boss why?

Yes, all my gifs will be Harry Potter related. :)

The Full Schedule

And if you’d like to see the full schedule for upcoming reviews, here it is: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=h14k4idvt1lb4hp5ujds97qt7k@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

Note:

• For everyone: take the PT under timed conditions; BR as you are able on your own; then join us for all or part of the call—everyone is welcome.
  • Note: For the purposes of the call, we like to check our group blind review score together at the very end of the call :) So at least don't say ... "No guys, really, it's D, I checked it.” KEEP THE CORRECT ANSWER TO YOURSELF. Win the argument with your reasoning.
  • These groups work best when folks from ALL stages of prep and with all different goals join in! Not just for "super-preppers" and definitely not just for the casual LSATer (does such a person exist?).
  • The only expectation anyone has for these calls is for you to have fun and ask questions as you desire. We are just a bunch of LSAT lovers who gather via GoToMeeting and intellectually slaughter each test.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    @bjphillips5 said:
    Yes, all my gifs will be Harry Potter related. :)
    Excellent!

For those of you who may not know Benjamin, he's done a LOT of work behind the scenes. He developed our excellent schedule leading up to the September test and he led the initial drive to restart the group once the old, test-date specific groups had finished and their participants had tested. So glad you're ready to PT with us @bjphillips5 !
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Thanks for your hard work and HP gifs @bjphillips5 :D
  • bjphillips5bjphillips5 Alum Member
    1137 karma
    Will you be joining us @montaha.rizeq ? Or still finishing up the CC?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @bjphillips5 said:
    Will you be joining us @montaha.rizeq ?
    Nah, I'm just here for the gifs. Soon, though!
  • lucidream0621lucidream0621 Member
    25 karma
    Sorry I am new to this BR review thing. Are we meeting online and discuss over questions we are not familiar with? How long on average is the session? Are supposed to go over every question and is there a teacher who will be answering the questions? Thanks!!
  • lucidream0621lucidream0621 Member
    25 karma
    Also, I printed out the BR review calendar and am just wondering how are the PTs selected? I saw several repeats and don't wanna to miss anyone. Thanks!
    1137 karma
    Hi @lucidream0621 and welcome!

This is how BR calls work. Everyone takes the PT listed (this week 66) before the call. Ideally, you have a chance to Blind review on your own first, but it's okay if you haven't. Then, we go through all the LR questions on that specific PT. If everyone has the same answer for an LR question and no one has questions on it, we don't discuss it. But if someone had trouble with an LR question or the group doesn't initially agree on the correct answer, we go through the question together.

The group is both teacher and student. Anyone can volunteer to help someone work through a question that they're struggling with. This is super beneficial to both parties because teaching the LSAT is a really great way of reinforcing your present understanding or you get a personalized lesson on a question you struggled with.

Usually the calls take between 2-3 hours, especially if a decent sized group is present. The schedule was selected partially by group leaders and 7Sage staff. It's designed to give people choice (3 calls per week) and a variety of tests. But all in all, it adds a social component to the LSAT journey. You're sharing some of the burden of this test with the group and we're all picking each other up. I hope you join us :)
  • KWoulf13KWoulf13 Member
    198 karma
    Damn I've already taken 66
    1137 karma
    @KWoulf13 It might still be worth joining? Doesn't hurt to review and/or help people work through difficult LR. I took it months ago, personally
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    Thanks for the BR call it was really helpful.
    1137 karma
    @"Not Ralph Nader" Glad you could make it! Good questions :)
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @bjphillips5 Hi! Could you add me please:)

Hey, there was a question in the Wed BR call thread about the BR schedule for this Sat since PT79 hasn't been released yet. So sorry I commented and didn't tag you:(

Looking forward to seeing which PT is picked and hope to join:)
    1137 karma
    Got you @twssmith and I think we'll be doing PT55!