Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Analog Watch

dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member
in General 617 karma
Do y'all think it's worth spending the extra 5-10 seconds to reset your watch to 12 at the start of each section? I do wish I'd done more PT's with an analog watch instead of my phone timer, but oh well.

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    If you aren't accustom to using a watch, don't start now.
  • dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member
    617 karma
    ... sorry, but that makes very little sense to me, are you suggesting I blindly use my internal clock and wait for the proctors to tell me I have 5 mins left? My question was about whether it's worth resetting my watch at each section, not whether to use a watch at all.
    11542 karma
    Lol no, sorry for the confusion. What I'm saying is that if you haven't done enough PTs with a watch, using one on test day will probably put you at a disadvantage. But if you feel comfortable using a watch, and you've familiarized yourself with the concept, then yes resetting seems like a good idea.
  • calculatedcalculated Alum Member
    36 karma
    I personally prefer to reset it before each section.

You should have plenty of time, since between sections the proctor will say, "you will have the next 35 minutes to work in your test-book and answer sheet for section # only. During this time you may not read, work on, make marks or erasers in, or turn the page to, any other section".
  • TheLSATTheLSAT Member
    301 karma
    If you are sufficiently familiar with the mechanics of resetting your analogue watch, it should take you no more than five seconds to do so. Speaking from personal experience, resetting after every section is worth it for two reasons. One, it is easier to recognize where you are in the 35 minutes range if you start at 12 (speaking of the minute hand particularly. Although setting the hour hand at 12 as well makes the view less cluttered). Two, the 5, or 10 seconds as you put it, should not affect the 35 minutes allotted to you if you do it as soon as they tell you to stop working on the section you were in. You quickly set it to 12 and push the crown in when the following section begins. If your watch (like mine) does not stop when you pull the crown out to adjust the watch, then it will take you a second to ensure it is at 12 again before you begin. I hope this helps.
  • SimbatronSimbatron Member
    175 karma
    @calculated said:
    You should have plenty of time, since between sections the proctor will say, "you will have the next 35 minutes to work in your test-book and answer sheet for section # only. During this time you may not read, work on, make marks or erasers in, or turn the page to, any other section".

Yes. Last time I took the test I hadn't really practiced with an analog watch at all, but it was SUPER easy to reset to 12 during that time. I would turn the knob, and press it in to lock it when he said "Begin." It makes up for the time that you would take calculating in your head exactly when you started and how much time you have left, especially if you end up starting at like 10:42 or something like that. Just keep the watch on your desk in front of you so you can see it at all times.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @calculated said:
    You should have plenty of time,
    I would say that depends on the proctor... Ours was insanely fast... Best tip I can suggest is when they say pencils down, pencil down and right then move your watch.
  • Creasey LSATCreasey LSAT Member
    423 karma
    order the mastermind watch. one-click reset.
    11542 karma
    @"Creasey LSAT" said:
    order the mastermind watch. one-click reset.
    Absolutely love the MM watch...it may be too late for OP to buy it though.
  • I'm resetting it after each section...it's totally worth it in my mind.
  • Creasey LSATCreasey LSAT Member
    423 karma
    @montaha.rizeq me too! Express shipping is available on it. I've been using mine since it released. It's so easy to use and it works flawlessly.
    11542 karma
    @"Creasey LSAT" said:
    I've been using mine since it released. It's so easy to use and it works flawlessly.
    I agree, and the quality is there too so that's a plus. glad to know you're enjoying it! :)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @stepharizona said:
    depends on the proctor
    Definitely depends on the proctor! It may only take 5 seconds to reset, but that very well may be all you have!