Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I got the score I deserved! Taking again in June

Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
edited January 2017 in General 645 karma
I decided to apply to law school late last summer, so I had to learn the LSAT on a short schedule from early August - December 4th.

However, I now know that I did not study enough to hit my target score (172 or above). Therefore, I will be retaking in June and shifting my applications to the next cycle.

Final Score: 169 (I took in Asia.. no details other than my raw score are available at this point)

Problems:
- Adjusting for vacations, studied for about 14 weeks total
- Did not address fundamental weakness in Logic Games
- Failed to fall asleep before test day, resulting in 3 hours of sleep the night before the test
- On test day, I felt ill from nerves and lack of sleep
- Bombed LG and was forced to blindly guess on at least 6 questions

Upside:
- Did not give up during the test
- Resisted urges to cancel score
- Probably performed very well on LR and RC
- I know to take a sleep aid the next "night before"

Overall, this is the score I deserved. When I walked out of December, I was 90% sure I wanted to cancel, but now I'm glad I have a real score on my record. I can do a post-mortem and figure out how I reacted to real test conditions.

Thanks to everyone at 7sage for supporting me during the early stages of my (now ongoing) studying :)

Comments

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma
    Hey, congrats on your 169. That's an excellent score, especially for such a short schedule. A 172+ in June is definitely within reach. Best of luck as you prepare for June - sounds like you got this in the bag.
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    Congrats and fight again!!!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    Yeah man, that's a great score. If you delay a cycle you're definitely going to have all the time you need to make the adjustments you need to break your target score.
  • Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    edited January 2017 645 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:

Thank you, sir. Do you know if all Asia tests are undisclosed? All LSAC is telling me is that I got a 169
  • stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma
    Are all international tests undisclosed???
    @stgl1230 said:
    Hey, congrats on your 169. That's an excellent score, especially for such a short schedule. A 172+ in June is definitely within reach. Best of luck as you prepare for June - sounds like you got this in the bag.
    Thanks, stgl !
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    @"Stevie C" Congrats 169 is a great score but you deserve much higher one, do not settle for anything less than your target score.
    645 karma
    @"Not Ralph Nader" said:
    Congrats 169 is a great score but you deserve much higher one, do not settle for anything less than your target score.
    Thanks for the kind words! I meant that I got what I deserved at the time (no sour grapes!) -- I'm going to aim higher in the future :)
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Hey, a 169 is a great score! Congrats!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Stevie C" said:
    However, I now know that I did not study enough to hit my target score (172 or above). Therefore, I will be retaking in June and shifting my applications to the next cycle.

Final Score: 169
    I like your outlook on this! a 169 is no easy task nonetheless :)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    @"Stevie C" said:
    Do you know if all Asia tests are undisclosed? All LSAC is telling me is that I got a 169
    I'm really not positive about this, but it has been my understanding that all tests except the ones that will be published as official Practice Tests are undisclosed. I got PDFs of my tests along with my scores, so if you don't have that already, I suspect that means you will not be seeing your test.
    645 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    I'm really not positive about this, but it has been my understanding that all tests except the ones that will be published as official Practice Tests are undisclosed.
    You're right -- LSAC has confirmed to me that all tests administered outside of the United States, Canada and Caribbean are undisclosed.
    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Hey, a 169 is a great score! Congrats!
    Thanks, Dillon! I hope I can contribute to some 7sage BR sessions between now and my June retake