Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Tips for September 2018

Llama WhispererLlama Whisperer Alum Member
in General 138 karma

Hi everyone!

Looking for some tips on my September 2018 LSAT!

I did the June 2018 exam after studying for around month and got a 159. The section grades that I got were -8 for RC, -8 LR, -3 LG, -9 LR.

I am a little unsure of how to proceed. I seem equally as abysmal in all the sections. The LR sections I ran out of time on for the last questions and rushed, and the RC time/reading errors. Are there any tips/study tricks to help? Should I just keep drilling? I am aiming for a 165+

Thanks!

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

What has your schedule looked like as far as studying since the June exam? September being a month away doesn't give you a ton of time, so if you haven't been PTing at all then you might want to consider postponing until November. I think that a six point increase is pretty doable though. Is that -3 in LG pretty typical for you? If not, I'd spend a little bit of time focusing on getting that consistent. Your biggest gains look like they'll come from LR though. At your current score and your goal, I'm thinking that a skipping strategy might be good for you to implement. Do you answer all of the questions? If you could skip say five questions per questions but get all the other ones correct in LR, I think that would push your score up about where you want to be. For RC, I'd try skipping as well. If there are any questions that seem to be time sinks, try skipping them and then coming back at the end if you have time left in the section.

• Llama WhispererLlama Whisperer Alum Member
    138 karma

Hey! Thanks for the reply!

I've been PT-ing and then doing blind review. I'm actually quite surprised at my actual LG score as I usually get -6 on my PT for LG, so I have been practicing those too.

I have not tried the skipping strategy! Will definitely try that out the next PT I do!

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Have your PT scores been closer to your goal? I would go for September since you've been PTing and blind reviewing. Good luck!