Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No written portion for June 2019 LSAT?

edited February 2019 in General 5 karma

Hey Guys!

I read online they are removing the written portion from the LSAT starting June 2019. You can complete this portion on a date of your choice up to one year after you write the test. This seems like a big change!

Does anyone have advice on how long you should prepare for the written portion?

Thanks,
Natalie

Comments

• RebeccaSJRebeccaSJ Member
    28 karma

This is a good question. I would like to add tag another question into this conversation if that is ok. What if you took an exam last year with the writing portion? I understand that schools can just use the writing portion from previous exams. Should students who took a prior exam leave it at that or take advantage and provide another written portion? #help

Thank you @natalievbryans for starting this conversation.

• PutABirdOnItPutABirdOnIt Member
    edited February 2019 115 karma

I’m curious as well. My first time taking the LSAT will be after this change takes place.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

I would like to believe that the preparation for the writing portion on the digital format wouldn't be much different from the way it is now. I think the main thing you need to know is to make a persuasive argument in favor of a particular choice from two options. However, according to LSAC 's website there will be access to the same proctoring software for the writing portion that would be used by April 2019, which seems helpful for practice.

@RebeccaSJ On the LSAC website, it states that if you've already completed the LSAT writing portion during a previous LSAT administration, then you don't need to do so on the digital format.

"Candidates are only required to have one writing sample on file in order to complete a Law School Report. Writing samples may be from either a previous LSAT administration or from an administration of LSAT Writing."

• RebeccaSJRebeccaSJ Member
    28 karma

Thank you @Kermit750