Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I move the test?

RyanazRRyanazR Member
in General 208 karma

Hi there, I am posting because I am in a huge dilemma here; I wasn't aware that there were only incredibly limited spots for the test days, and when I received the email for scheduling, it was 1am my time and I was in bed then; I was just told by ProctorU that the only date and time slot I have left is the 17th and 8.30pm onwards. Additionally, I have only just got back to my home country and adjusted to its time zone, and have only taken tests in the evening twice: both times I scored 10 points lower than my average, so I was wondering whether I should just move my test to April and make sure I schedule as soon as the email pops up?

January would have been the first time I will be taking the test, but now I am not too sure. I am also hoping to hit the 170s, and haven't really gone past the plateau yet (still scoring anywhere between 167-173 on average). Thank you so much!

Should I move the test?
  1. Stick to January or Move to April?52 votes
    1. Just take the test in January and see how it
      50.00%
    2. Move the test date to April and let it be one and done.
      50.00%

Comments

• MartianmanMartianman Core Member
    211 karma

If you have hit 173 on the practice tests go for it. 173 doesn't just happen. You have a full week to practice an evening exam setting, you can do it. Especially if you're trying for fall 21, if not, maybe just wait.

Also if your PTs have been 4 or 5 sections like the old style, I personally believe taking the 3 section flex will be a touch easier at least in mental fatigue.

• masimasi Alum Member
    170 karma

Give it a shot. If you have been scoring in the 170's you are not gonna flunk in the test. I'd say train in the evenings. You can find out where you stand by taking at least two preps in that time slot you are scheduled to write the test. Between now and Saturday you have have more than enough time to see where you stand writing the test in the evening hours.

• machlaw4machlaw4 Member
    33 karma

I'd take evening practice tests from now until the evening before the test and see how you do - whether you cancel now or the night before, (I'm pretty sure) it'll cost the same.

• 1952 karma

^ it will cost op $125 for a test date change up until jan. 15, so it is a bit cheaper if op doesn't withdraw and just move the test date.
    https://www.lsac.org/lsat/lsat-dates-deadlines-score-release-dates

but i agree; you should see how you adjust to the time zone and make the decision before jan 15.
    good luck!

• _iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
    437 karma

167-173 is an excellent range for PTs, so clearly you have an awesome grasp of the exam. If I were you, I would take 2 if not 3 PTs (maybe one every other day) between now and Friday 1/15 after 8:30 PM and see how you do.

If you are doing much worse than your PT average (i.e. 5-10 points lower) that might just because your brain works better at other times of the day, and in that case, I would spend the $125 to move the test to April.

If you're hitting your average even taking it after 8:30 PM, then I say shoot for Jan!

• RyanazRRyanazR Member
    208 karma

@Martianman I am actually applying for the Fall 2022 cycle; I am just afraid there wouldn't be any more Flex options post-April, since I changed my studying to prepare for Flex-style tests about 3 months ago. Thank you for the response -- I will take your words into serious consideration.

• RyanazRRyanazR Member
    208 karma

@masi I will definitely be trying to take tests in the evening this week to see how I stand. Thank you again.

• RyanazRRyanazR Member
    208 karma

@machlaw4 yeah that is the plan haha. Thank you so much!

• RyanazRRyanazR Member
    208 karma

@nw_39796 gotcha! I will definitely heed your advice and see what happens.