Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). How should I understand the curve on 7sage? - 7Sage Forum

How should I understand the curve on 7sage?

kharaksenghkharaksengh Core Member
in General 6 karma

I'm well into week 2 and just noticed the little info button next to the curve that it shows when you click to see a question's right answer. But I'm a little confused by this sentence displayed on there:

"The percentage at the right is the expected chance that someone with the same score as you on that PrepTest getting that question correct"

A couple questions:
I don't see any percentages at the right of the curve, just the black circles that indicate question difficulty, which percentage is this referring to?
When it says "that PrepTest" does it mean someone who got the same score on that particular LSAT that you got on the diagnostic PrepTest taken at the beginning of the course?

I've tried searching the forums but haven't found anything like this.

Comments

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @kharaksengh,

Sorry for the confusion. I have answered your questions below:

I don't see any percentages at the right of the curve, just the black circles that indicate question difficulty, which percentage is this referring to?

The percentage should be to the right of the grey bar as shown in the screenshot below. Let me know if you do not see it on your end.

When it says "that PrepTest" does it mean someone who got the same score on that particular LSAT that you got on the diagnostic PrepTest taken at the beginning of the course?

It means someone who got the same score on that particular PrepTest that you are currently reviewing the results for.

To clarify, each question has a different curve showing the chances of other students who got the same question correctly. So in the below example screenshot, it shows that:

image"

• Of all the students who scored a 120 on this PrepTest, one out of four got this question right.
    • Of all the students who scored a 130 on this PrepTest, two out of four got this question right.
    • Of all the students who scored a 146 on this PrepTest, three out of four got this question right.

This example curve also shows that there's a 34% chance of another student with the same score as you getting this same question correct. So if a student scored 150 for this PrepTest, then other students who also got a score of 150 for this PrepTest has a 34% chance of getting this question correct.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

• kharaksenghkharaksengh Core Member
    6 karma

Hey Juliet, sorry I just saw you responded to this after I replied to your comment on another thread! This did help, but I don't see that percentage shown in the screenshot when I use 7sage. I'm not sure how to put pictures in since nothing is pasting into this textbox, but yeah it's just blank screen to the right of the curve bar for me.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @kharaksengh,

Sorry about that. The percentage located at the right side of the curve may be missing on your end because there is not enough data yet to generate it.

Let us know if you have any further questions.