Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drilling Advice

axbSunDevaxbSunDev Member
in General 256 karma

Hi 7Sage!

My last PT was a 152 and my current and highest BR score stands at 171. Trying to get above a 162 on real test day. Is it that possible for someone who is more of a slower reader and does not have the best focus endurance?

Obviously a big gap that can be found in timing issues.

So my main question is: what are some good timing drills you do in RC, LR, and LG that helped you get better at speed and timing?

Thanks!

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Inline translation practice, translation drills (including The Memory Method for Improving LSAT Reading Comprehension, and confidence drills. For LG you really do need to just nuke from orbit (its the only way to be sure) and get as many games under your belt as possible.

Overall mindset is a key component. You can't be stuck in a sunken cost fallacy or you are in effect creating a self fulfilling prophecy. If you think you can't move fast and skip aggressively because you'll have wasted the time invested, and wont have time to come back, you won't... because you are preventing yourself from doing what is necessary to have the time to do so.

• axbSunDevaxbSunDev Member
    256 karma

@canihazJD said:
    Inline translation practice, translation drills (including The Memory Method for Improving LSAT Reading Comprehension, and confidence drills. For LG you really do need to just nuke from orbit (its the only way to be sure) and get as many games under your belt as possible.

Overall mindset is a key component. You can't be stuck in a sunken cost fallacy or you are in effect creating a self fulfilling prophecy. If you think you can't move fast and skip aggressively because you'll have wasted the time invested, and wont have time to come back, you won't... because you are preventing yourself from doing what is necessary to have the time to do so.

Thank you @canihazJD , are you still doing tutoring sessions even though you are going to law school?

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

@axbSunDev said:

@canihazJD said:

Thank you @canihazJD , are you still doing tutoring sessions even though you are going to law school?

Yessir… I’ll probably take a break once classes start in late august, and reevaluate once I get settled in.