Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to Take the LSAT

ChristopherMChristopherM Member
in General 40 karma

Hi, so I was unhappy with my June 2021 LSAT score and have lost some confidence. Should I still take the August exam or truly try and prep for the October examination instead? Or simply take both? For some background info, the June LSAT Flex was the first exam I have taken.

Comments

• 425 karma

Hi there!

I would take October. Don't rush into another test before you are ready. The less times you have to take the test, the better! Also, October is still early. You would get your score back end of October/early November and still be able to apply early decision for some schools if you'd like. Also, I've heard from numerous admissions officers that applying before Thanksgiving is still considered early in the cycle.

Best of luck to you. You got this! Keep fighting! Always remember- progress, not perfection!

Nicole

• 179 karma

Depends a lot on how comfortable you feel with your score and how much improvement you have made.

Simplest answer is that you should not take the test until you are completely ready and have assessed (and come to terms with) your anticipated score range, your mental stamina, your surroundings at the time, your life events at the time, etc.

Do not take the test to simply take it, this will do more harm to you than help.