Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ED To UT?

LawBound-1LawBound-1 Yearly Member
edited August 2021 in Law School Admissions 90 karma

The 7Sage Predictor say's I have about a 30% chance of being accepted as a URM/ED applicant to the University of Texas, should I apply as an ED?
For reference I have 3.9 and 156.

For now, I do want to stay in Texas and practice here, and I am a Texas resident/graduate from UH.

My other ED consideration would be Vanderbilt as they place students in Texas and give more money to ED students than UT. According to7Sage I have a 35% chance of being accepted.

Does anyone have any experience with ED in the last cycle? Any thoughts?

Comments

• CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
    1376 karma

It might be tough to get in due to your LSAT score. Your GPA is fantastic but your lsat is quite below the 25th percentile. You would be considered a reverse splitter. My recommendation would be to take the LSAT again and increase that score and apply regular decision.

• JMPlaw19JMPlaw19 Member
    144 karma

Definitely do research, applying ED in most cases will mean having to pay full tuition since schools know you cant apply to other schools while in a ED agreement.

• azali624azali624 Core Member
    61 karma

Retake your LSAT before applying ED to increase your chances. If you do get in ED there, you will most likely be paying the sticker price.