Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need to jump from 146 to 160 in 1 month. Motivation please

LuxxTabooLuxxTaboo Core Member
in General 212 karma

I take the November test and need to score at least 160. Basically need to raise my score 15 points within this month. Has anyone else done this before? Were you able to raise a significant amount of points within 1 month? Any motivation and positive feedback will help

Comments

• fatimahbajaha23fatimahbajaha23 Core Member
    117 karma

This is the same boat I am in! but yes you can, just focus on your weak areas and you can always retake in January. I am currently going over my weak areas in LR and drilling them Going over Logica Games as well and taking my time to understand each game, and then doing the same game multiple times . You got this !

• rsridgleyrsridgley Member
    33 karma

It'll be really hard but not impossible. Focus on drilling logic games--its definitely the easiest section to master in such a short time.

• ddg285ddg285 Member
    13 karma

Wrong answer journal on your wrong questions. It seems like something trivial but I was able to pinpoint issues I was repeatedly making in LR and properly fix them and now I go -1 to -2 in LRs. I did the following columns for my wrong answer journal:
    Stimulus
    Question Type
    Wrong Answer Chosen (Why you picked it? Why did you think it was correct?)
    Correct AC (why is it better? what was the incorrect AC missing in comparison)

Also make sure to drill question types you get wrong often in LR. I worked extremely hard on LR and would be happy to give tips on it.

I don't have any tips for LG. Im a science student so that one came naturally for me.

For RC, I read a book and it literally said read and comprehend and I know that sounds insane but I learned that majority of RC passages aren't relevant to the questions and you have to learn how to pick out the information that will be important because it helps you read faster while disregarding the "fluff" of the passage. Keep track of the POVs in the passages. Try to keep very short summary (like 5 words) of each paragraph in your head. e.g "Opponents- lack of clarity" or something like that so you just have an idea of where to search for things if necessary.
    Some people ( I haven't done these methods) have mentioned doing the passage with the most questions first and I read a person on this site mentioned that they skip the comparative reading to maximize points in the other passages and return to comparative reading with whatever time they have left; if they run out they just pick one letter for everything in comparative reading. I haven't done that either. But try a method and see what works best for you.

Hope this helps!

• Clementine-2Clementine-2 Member
    208 karma

Yes this is possible, but difficult. The key is honing in on your wrong answers and weaknesses and beating them into the ground. That sounds intense but that's exactly what you need to do.

DO NOT move on from a question you got wrong until you have fully analyzed the stem, the wrong answers, and the correct answers. Articulate the trap in the answers that they set for you and how you fell for it. Also articulate how you can avoid missing this type of question in the future. I also like to take pictures of questions that I just don't fully understand on my phone so I can come back to it later and see if it makes more sense. It usually does after returning to it later. If you like, you can audio record yourself explaining the question right answer to really nail it in. I can't stress this enough.

I have found that LSAT Labs has excellent RC videos in addition to the resources here on 7 Sage. It helped me tremendously.