Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Status Changed to Incomplete Application

I had applied to a couple of schools and one of them changed my application status to “incomplete.” I have one LSAT score already and they made a note that it is incomplete because I am retaking the LSAT in November. I know my application will not be reviewed until the status is “complete” and I am
assuming that the fact that they would not review it yet means that I probably would not have gotten in with my current LSAT score? Is it worth reaching out to admissions? Does my incomplete application status essentially mean it was pointless to submit my application early?

Comments

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

As they have not reviewed your application, they have not passed judgement on whether or not they would admit you based on your current numbers. As a general rule your application will not be reviewed until it is complete, and it will not be considered complete if you are registered for a future LSAT. If you would like your application reviewed with the score you have on file, you need to contact the schools directly to convey that, otherwise they will hold onto it until November score release.

If you plan to use your November score and do not plan on asking them to review based on the score already on file, then no, there is no benefit to submitting your applications early as they will not be read until complete.

Hope that clarifies it!

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

Agreed with the above. Also just so you have an idea of what happens when you send in your app - they have a team of people whose sole job is to check applications for completeness or mark them incomplete. Your application doesn't even get sent to the reviewers until it is marked complete and added to the "ready for review" pile.

• band_director_2014band_director_2014 Core Member
    19 karma

Thank you both for answering! Your responses were very helpful.