Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Retake due to Proctor Interruptions

n_o_lsatn_o_lsat Core Member

Hi everyone!

I experienced proctor interruptions during my LSAT on my very first section, which took time away from answering questions and forced me to guess the ones I could not get to. Due to this, I am seeking an LSAT retake. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar circumstance and if the retake test difficulty was similar to the original testing date. I genuinely thought that the Nov. LSAT was fair but unfortunately, stress from the interruptions got the best of me and my ability to concentrate. I am nervous that the retake will be a different level of difficulty and end up being worst. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Feiii_0517-1Feiii_0517-1 Member
    34 karma

Hey! I'm sorry about the proctor interruptions, especially that they happened during the first section, which could really tip off the rhythm that you were trying to build and maintain for the rest of the test. I took the LSAT last October and filed a request to retest due to internet issues on the first go. From what I remembered the retest was not substantially different from the first one in terms of difficulty level, and it might have been slightly easier just because I was in a calmer mindset knowing that I have done the best I could to address the issues that happened the first time (found a different testing location that was quieter and had better wifi) and that this time could not be worse than that. I ended up getting a 170 from the retest that I knew I didn't get on the first go with all the issues that happened and my spiraling anxiety, so in my opinion the retest is really a blessing and opportunity for you to put aside all your fears and just give it your best shot. Good luck with the retake request and if you do end up retaking it for this month, I hope you'll do so well! (Also next time it might be helpful to let the proctor know politely before starting the exam that if they need to communicate with you, please pause the test first).

• n_o_lsatn_o_lsat Core Member
    105 karma

@Feiii_0517-1

Thank you so much for your insightful reply to my post. You have no idea how much this has helped me!! You are absolutely correct, it will naturally feel much better given the better circumstances for the retest based on what I learned in the previous test. The retest will be a blessing.

Congrats on the 170, that's amazing!

Thank you again :)

• goforbrokegoforbroke Core Member
    320 karma

Can I ask what the proctor interruptions were about? A friend of mine took the November test and she was interrupted very briefly due to issues like proctor wanted her to move some papers because he couldn't see them fully on screen (perfectly good reason to interrupt, still ruined her flow) and another time because she laughed out loud reading something and he said no talking, lol. She's definitely retaking test in Jan.

• Feiii_0517-1Feiii_0517-1 Member
    34 karma

@norianaodisho13 You're super welcome and thanks! It takes a bit time to work in that mindset, but I know you can totally do this. You're already making an admirably courageous decision by requesting a retake and all the effort you've put into this are not going to waste. Best of luck with everything, I believe in you :smile:

• mz.roganmz.rogan Alum Member
    36 karma

I was interrupted too and she didnt even stop my time through my mind in a loop; how do i retake?

105 karma

@goforbroke She said that the recording stopped, which I don't understand how since my camera light was still green since the start of my session with her.

105 karma

@mz.rogan Go to your LSAC account, press "The LSAT", and along the side you will see "LSAT Status: View all LSAT Information". From there you are able to make a test day complaint. Keep in mind that the appeal must be made three days after your test day. I hope that yours is within that time frame because it is a very frustrating situation, I understand.