Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way to continue studying after prep course ends? Tutor? Need advice please!

Sara_3080Sara_3080 Alum Member
in General 432 karma

Hello! Any advice I can get would be greatly appreciated :)

I am going to be finishing my in-class Blueprint prep course in about a month that's for people taking the September LSAT. I recently decided however that I wont be doing the September exam anymore and will be taking a few more months to study for the December LSAT instead. The Blueprint class has been an extremely helpful beginning for me since it's put me in a structured schedule with fun lessons that are easy for me to understand. I went from143 to 152 in a month and I think I can probably make it to 160 by mid-September, but I'd like to get to over 170 by December.

My dilemma is I don't know what the best way to do that is. Do I renew my online blueprint account until December and just keep practicing those online practice questions on my own? I also considered doing another in class course of some kind just to keep me motivated in a schedule but those are so expensive and I feel like I wouldn't get that much benefit from it since I already do know the basics. I've also considered buying a 7Sage package but I have some concerns with that like unnecessarily confusing myself with the different strategies that 7Sage presents in comparison to Blueprint. I don't want to feel like I'm wasting time starting from scratch or that I have to unlearn the Blueprint strategies just so I can relearn from 7Sage or whatever other companies' strategies without confusion. I'm also not great at self-studying. I do have motivation and discipline to study a lot and work hard, but I usually need to be in some kind of structure like a class in order to do that to my greatest potential. This brought me to consider getting a tutor that I could see weekly and that could just customize helping me based on what level I'm already at and adding to strategies I'm already using. What do you all think would be the best option to get me to a minimum of 170 by December?

Also if you have tried a tutor before did it work for you? Any really good tutor recommendations? And if you have studied for the LSAT using two companies before, did you feel like it got confusing or that you had to start over?

Thanks for reading!! :)

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Hey,

Congrats on the awesome improvement in only a months time!

I don't think you'll get confused by adding in another course or 7Sage. I've exposed myself to quite a lot of different classes and books before I finally found 7Sage and honestly I think it's helped me to find what works best for me. I honestly only signed up for 7Sage for help with LG and eventually realized how amazing the other lessons were and it's been a complete game changer. It wasn't confusing at all and I feel like 7Sage helped everything I learned prior to finally "click" if you will.

The problem with in person classes is that they tend to move as slow as the slowest people in the class. They also have so much to fit in and a short amount of time to do it. So often they don't get to really teach you the nitty gritty and get into the nuances of the test.

The best option to get a 170 by December would be to gauge where you're at after your BP course. Perhaps take a full-timed exam and then evaluate and decide if you need another course or supplement to get you where you want to be. If you think you could benefit from some structure, I obviously highly recommend 7Sage's courses which are affordable and the highest rated!

A tutor could be very helpful, but you should first have a good idea of what specifically you need help with. In my experience it seems like more often than not people benefit from tutors towards the end of their prep when they are in the PT phase.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I say go with 7sage :wink:

find out what your weaknesses are and then I'd say get a tutor if you want. but def know your biggest weaknesses so you can use the tutor for that.

tbh, just self-study, it is the best way to go so you can just focus on what you need to focus most on. 7sage is a great supplement for self-studying though, so def check out the packages.

do drills..