Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancelling test: Urgent response needed please.

Mo ZubairMo Zubair Alum Member
in General 391 karma
Today is last day to withdraw officially.

My understanding is if i don't withdraw today but withdraw later by (i think) Jan 31 i will still save my 1/3 attempts. Is my understanding correct? If i don't withdraw today, will i lose my attempt?

I want to see how much better i can get before i withdraw. Do not care about wasted money but absolutely don't want to waste an attempt.

Comments

• AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    You can cancel up to 12am of the night before of the test without wasting an attempt to the best of my knowledge. But don't quote me on that.
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    if you don't show up on test day then you don't lose an attempt. i'm 100% positive. cancelling has nothing to do with it. as long as you don't show up, you do not lose an attempt.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited January 2017 11542 karma
    Both statements above are correct. The main issue is not even getting a partial refund so people like to decide by the last withdrawal date.
  • Mo ZubairMo Zubair Alum Member
    391 karma
    Thanks for clarifying this for me. Appreciate the quick responses.
  • mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
    631 karma
    @Alejandro said:
    You can cancel up to 12am of the night before of the test without wasting an attempt to the best of my knowledge.
    I have cancelled/withdrawn within days of the exam (Feb 2016). Can't remember the EXACT date but I would guess within 7 days. I can look this up to verify if needed.

Btw, I've never even heard of withdrawing and it being used as an attempt. ?! In any case, mine wasn't.
  • mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
    edited January 2017 631 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Both statements above are correct. The main issue is not even getting a partial refund so people like to decide on the last withdrawal date.
    Ok, my thoughts exactly. I should have read the entire post before my comment above as this confirms. Thanks :)
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @Alejandro said:
    You can cancel up to 12am of the night before of the test without wasting an attempt to the best of my knowledge. But don't quote me on that.
    Its 11:59pm EST :)
  • dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member
    617 karma
    @"DEC_LSAT" said:
    if you don't show up on test day then you don't lose an attempt. i'm 100% positive. cancelling has nothing to do with it. as long as you don't show up, you do not lose an attempt.

Not to question your 100% certainty, but I've heard very differently about just not showing up on test day. To be safe, I think it's better to just officially withdraw via LSAC before midnight the night before your test.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @dantlee14 said:
    To be safe, I think it's better to just officially withdraw via LSAC before midnight the night before your test.
    I agree, this is the safest route. But I've spoken to LSAC regarding this matter and from my understanding of the conversation, it is true that not physically showing up counts as absence and not towards your three takes :)