PT 80 Blind Review | Multiple Sessions

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited May 2017 in Study Groups 14095 karma

Hey 7Sagers, I'm leading BR calls for PT 80 (December 2016 LSAT).

I'm holding 9 sessions total. 3 for each of LR 1, LR 2, and RC. Each session will focus on only one section of PT 80. All sessions will start at 7p EST and end at 10p. Multiple sessions are meant to accomodate people's various schedules and to reduce class size per session.

What happens in these sessions?
I'll ask students to state which questions were circled for BR. We'll work through the questions the group nominates. I generally try to ask students questions to elicit the right response. Please wear headphones and try to be in a quiet place.

How should I prepare?
Take PT 80 and have the questions you'd like to BR ready. The first thing I'll ask everyone is which questions they'd like to BR.

Next Session
[no more sessions]
7p - 10p EST

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/886067949

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (646) 749-3112

Access Code: 886-067-949

First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: https://care.citrixonline.com/g2m/getready

Future Sessions
[no more sessions]

Obtaining PT 80
If you have an Ultimate+ account, you will be able to view and print PT 80 under the Syllabus. You can also purchase PT 80 as an add-on to your existing course here.

Alternatively, you can purchase the paper copy of LSAT PT 80 on Amazon here.

Past Sessions
5/18 Thursday - Section 1 - LR
5/19 Friday - Section 4 - LR
5/20 Saturday - Section 2 - RC, Passages 1 and 3
5/21 Sunday - Section 1 - LR
5/22 Monday - Section 4 - LR
5/23 Tuesday - Section 2 - RC, Passages 2 and 4
5/24 Wednesday - Section 1 - LR
5/25 Thursday - Section 4 - LR
5/26 Friday - Section 2 - RC

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Will you be having these sessions sometime in August (for the September LSAT takers)? I'd like to join these sessions but I don't want to burn the latest PT yet.

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14095 karma

@akistotle At that time, I'll be doing PT 81's BR review. PT 81's gonna be the June 2017 LSAT.

You should not burn this PT.

This is targeted at people who are going to take the June LSAT and had already planned to take PT 80 anyway.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" said:
    @akistotle At that time, I'll be doing PT 81's BR review. PT 81's gonna be the June 2017 LSAT.

You should not burn this PT.

This is targeted at people who are going to take the June LSAT and had already planned to take PT 80 anyway.

Ok thank you! :smile:

• CinnamonTeaCinnamonTea Member
    550 karma

2 questions: 1) What are the times for the other sessions (I.e., not the Thursday one?) Will they always be at 7-10 pm EST?
    2) Will you be doing a LR crash course anytime soon, and do you think it would be a useful review for people who have already done the CC (I.e., me) but are looking for a refresher before the June test?
    Thanks in advance.

• 4everchasing4everchasing Alum Member
    74 karma

Any recommendations if I'm planning to take the June (China date, which is June 25th), but I haven't PT'd in a while since I went back to fundamentals. Was planning to start PT'ing now anyway, and obviously was going to take PT80 before test day, but I maybe wouldn't have done it first. Any suggestions? Are there disadvantages to taking that as opposed to another PT 70s, if I plan to take it within the next 6 weeks preceding the exam anyway?

(Of course, even with my VPN, my web connection might foil my BR plans anyway, but thats an entirely different issue altogether).

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

• WalliumsWalliums Member
    373 karma

Hey, I am assuming that "5/26 Friday - Section 2 - RC" will be going over the full section? And just to clarify, is it best for these for you to have taken, done blind review on your own, and graded or not graded? I'm deciding between whether to take it on Saturday or Monday.

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14095 karma

The 5/26 Friday RC session I left unspecified because I wanted to see what people would vote for. We won't be able to cover everything.

Best to take the test first. Whether you BR by yourself first is optional.

• mcb4LSUROXSmcb4LSUROXS Alum Member
    146 karma

Great class this evening. Nice to have the share at the end about personal experiences.

• kombuchakombucha Alum Member
    202 karma

Agreed sorry for the barrage of personal questions towards the end but was very insightful.

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    edited May 2017 775 karma

@JY Regarding that disagree issue, I just remembered that I also saw the same thing in my super prep published in 2007 (the old super prep). I double checked and it says exactly what super prep II says. So you might be right about what you think LSAC has done... -Debbie

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

Awesome Debbie!! Thanks for bringing it up for discussion:)