june lsat - last minute q's :)

lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
edited June 2017 in June 2017 LSAT 267 karma

hi friends, does anyone know if
1) it's ok to not finish the essay/writing sample portion? I ran out of time practicing on that
2) also - as I was using an online virtual proctor during my practice tests, I noticed that I don't have any time to re-adjust my watch for each section. is that exactly how it is on the actual test? the online proctor was literally like, time for next section..START.
3) i've never taken the lsat with other students - does it ever distract you when others are turning pages quicker or, drawing diagrams for logic games really quickly/loud strokes with their pencil? i know that may sound funny, but i usually need it really quiet and even get distracted by the sound of my own pencil lol i've tried to practice in semi-noisy environments, but just hoping these things won't get to me
any info appreciated, good luck to everyone, may we all get into our dream schools xx

Comments

• BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
    553 karma

On my last LSAT the instructor made us start right away.

I Freaked out and didn't use my watch for the next two sections and it ruined me. When they say start, just take a second to adjust it.

And no, the test environment is cool, you won't be focusing on those things anyways. Don't worry! And GL.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@"lsat 1101" said:
    1) it's ok to not finish the essay/writing sample portion? I ran out of time practicing on that

No, you should finish the writing sample. You don't have to write a lengthy essay; you only have to pick one of two options and explain why the one is better than the other. I don't think people practice it...

2) also - as I was using an online virtual proctor during my practice tests, I noticed that I don't have any time to re-adjust my watch for each section. is that exactly how it is on the actual test? the online proctor was literally like, time for next section..START.

It does start right away. You should practice readjusting your watch. I think you have time to reset when the proctor is saying "Put your pencils down and stop working in Section 1. Do not turn to Section 2 yet."

3) i've never taken the lsat with other students - does it ever distract you when others are turning pages quicker or, drawing diagrams for logic games really quickly/loud strokes with their pencil? i know that may sound funny, but i usually need it really quiet and even get distracted by the sound of my own pencil lol i've tried to practice in semi-noisy environments, but just hoping these things won't get to me

Hmm. I hope you won't get distracted, but you should keep in mind that it might get really distracting. Some people may keep coughing or may have nervous breakdown and start crying. You will never know what will happen. But focus on the test! Good luck! :)

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

Yeah, agreed with previous comments. Keep the essay simple and concise; you should be finishing with plenty of time left. You'll have about 5-10 seconds between sections. And other people can be distracting. Kind of depends on the room. My first test was awful, but my second and third were great.

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

thanks so much to each of you for taking the time to read and respond, it helped so much. and hahah akistotle, I was scared I was going to be that person sneezing and blowing my nose since I've been sick the last few days, but I'm feeling a bit better, god I hope no one cries lol

• Lilhannah1345Lilhannah1345 Alum Member
    71 karma

This is SUCH a specific question to ask on the topic of testing environment, but do you guys know if the test is usually administered in such a way that the entire classroom is not doing the same section? I wrote it today and while I was doing LR many people were doing LG and it seriously threw me off that people were viciously drawing diagrams..

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@mlhsundaresan said:
    This is SUCH a specific question to ask on the topic of testing environment, but do you guys know if the test is usually administered in such a way that the entire classroom is not doing the same section? I wrote it today and while I was doing LR many people were doing LG and it seriously threw me off that people were viciously drawing diagrams..

I think the actual order of tests (and experimental section) is different for booklets. Some people have LG-LR-RC-LG(ex)-LR and some have RC(ex)-LR-RC-LR-LG....

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

mlh I just took the exam for the first time too and that threw me off initially as well, the sound of pencils furiously drawing diagrams while I was just reading arguments. thanks akistotle for clarifying, phew

• Lilhannah1345Lilhannah1345 Alum Member
    71 karma

@akistotle said:

@mlhsundaresan said:

I think the actual order of tests (and experimental section) is different for booklets. Some people have LG-LR-RC-LG(ex)-LR and some have RC(ex)-LR-RC-LR-LG....

Yes thanks so much for clarifying! I was under the impression that there was some proper order to the PTs while I was in my prep and it didn't even occur to me that everyone would have different sections.