Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Addicted to studying?

jberger295jberger295 Free Trial Member
in General 76 karma

It's a Saturday, my wife's working, I'm relatively free. What do I want to do? Coffee shop and study for the LSAT as I have been doing all week. Does anyone else, in a weird sort of way, enjoy the challenge of speeding through LG or drilling through LR questions? I've just found myself more and more over the last month desiring to hole up and pore over LSAT material, partially for the good score, partially for the fun of it. Am I maniacal?! lol

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8694 karma

I feel the same way. On my wedding day I was drilling games. I really in an odd way love the LSAT.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Normally I'd agree with you. LR is really starting to wear me down though. I just can't grasp it. When I review I'm getting sick of the feeling of;

"well you were stuck between A and B, it's very obviously B, so why the hell did you choose A?"

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

I go through phases. Sometimes I really love it and do feel addicted, other times I burn out and don't want to be anywhere near a logic game. It varies

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

I am definitely addicted to studying for the lsat but I'm starting to see less and less progress.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jberger295 said:
    It's a Saturday, my wife's working, I'm relatively free. What do I want to do? Coffee shop and study for the LSAT as I have been doing all week. Does anyone else, in a weird sort of way, enjoy the challenge of speeding through LG or drilling through LR questions? I've just found myself more and more over the last month desiring to hole up and pore over LSAT material, partially for the good score, partially for the fun of it. Am I maniacal?! lol

Haha naa that's a good thing, man. Something is definitely addicting about this test... I think for me it's just wanting to get better and seeing it more as a game/challenge rather than a test/annoyance.

Just don't push yourself to burnout and you should be more than fine :) Enjoy your prep!

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

Ughhh I love it so much it's gross haha. I literally turn everything into a conditional logic statement, and I think my boyfriend is starting to hate how I "weaken" his arguments. Here's to hoping that reflects on my test day score !

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited July 2017 23929 karma

@"Idil.Beshir" said:
    Ughhh I love it so much it's gross haha. I literally turn everything into a conditional logic statement, and I think my boyfriend is starting to hate how I "weaken" his arguments. Here's to hoping that reflects on my test day score !

HAHAHA! I think the quality you possess to bring this test to life and make it fun and enjoy it are the most important qualities one can have if they want to see big improvements!

Good luck :)

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@"Idil.Beshir" said:

HAHAHA! I think the quality you possess to bring this test to life and make it fun and enjoy it are the most important qualities one can have if they want to see big improvements!

Good luck :)

Haha, I'm starting to enjoy it a lot more....but then i remember test day is 6 weeks away and go into panic mode LOL. Like I KNOW it, but I can panic my way out of knowing it pretty quickly.

• keishabarnes95keishabarnes95 Alum Member
    59 karma

lol I love doing logic games lmao its very masochistic especially because aside from the bar, I think many law school hopefuls would agree studying can certifiably melt your brain. But i love doing them. I practically do logic games all the time especially when I am not doing anything. My sister even told me one time, "You do those all the time, how about you study something you're not already good at." lmfao all i could think is just because I am good at these doesn't mean this test won't toss the Armageddon at me. I'm preparing myself for successs lol

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@keishabarnes95 said:
    lol I love doing logic games lmao its very masochistic especially because aside from the bar, I think many law school hopefuls would agree studying can certifiably melt your brain. But i love doing them. I practically do logic games all the time especially when I am not doing anything. My sister even told me one time, "You do those all the time, how about you study something you're not already good at." lmfao all i could think is just because I am good at these doesn't mean this test won't toss the Armageddon at me. I'm preparing myself for successs lol

LMAO :joy: Loving games is probably a sign you're pretty darn good at them. I'm decent and I still am not a lover of the games, yet. lol