LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
edited February 2018 in General 1028 karma

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I think 7sage is sufficient tbh, but I've heard nothing but great things about the LSAT trainer

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Yeah i loved the flaw section in the lsat trainer kinda lets you look at things diff. And the reading comp definitely helped me out. But as @themikey pointed out, 7sage has everything one requires for success

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited August 2017 13286 karma

As someone who's been through a few different courses, I can safely say it's whatever works for you. I found the Testmasters course really helped me with LG. I used 7sage and the trainer for LR and, I am in a minority here, but PS Bible RC brought my score from -8 down to -2/-4.

I'm a hodgepodge of different methods and resources and I found certain ones just click with me better than others.

Trial and error, use 7sage and try and supplement it maybe with the trainer and see how it goes. If that doesn't work, change your angle and attack it again!

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    1028 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    As someone who's been through a few different courses, I can safely say it's whatever works for you. I found the Testmasters course really helped me with LG. I used 7sage and the trainer for LR and, I am in a minority here, but PS Bible RC brought my score from -8 down to -2/-4.

I'm a hodgepodge of different methods and resources and I found certain ones just click with me better than others.

Trial and error, use 7sage and try and supplement it maybe with the trainer and see how it goes. If that doesn't work, change your angle and attack it again!

I'm a big fan of the Powerscore RC Bible too! After completing it and combining their strategy with JY's tips off of 7sage, I have been consistently scoring perfect on RC with the odd - 1 every now and then (up from - 5/- 6).

• eesLSAT2017eesLSAT2017 Alum Member
    59 karma

I know you asked about books specifically, not classes, but I would not recommend the PowerScore live class. I'm halfway through it now, and while it may have been a good introduction to the LSAT, I would not recommend it for getting the last 5% or so. Perhaps the second half will be better, but this first half is not great.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

I think the LSAT Trainer is excellent, and that you can gain from it even after completing the CC in 7Sage.

• nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
    458 karma

@LSATcantwin what do you specifically like about the PS RC bible?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

I don't think you actually need a supplement but I've personally found The LSAT Trainer and Manhattan's LR/RC books to be good supplements for 7Sage. I think 7Sages approach and focus on conditional logic is similar enough to MLSAT's that the book works well when used in conjunction with 7Sage.