Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June'18 Study Group

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Paul Pederson" said:
    Anyone know if its possible to upload a vid to the forums?

Probably easiest to upload the video to YouTube and then post that video on the forum. I don't think you can upload the video directly to the forum.

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

So, just finished PT60. A few things I learned, I need to begin working out again, I used to be super fit and trim back in the infantry, gotta do a lot of dead lifts for my back posture. I need my ears fixed, they started ringing so loud due to the silence that I couldn't focus and am still having a hard time hearing. I feel like I just fired off a long burst without hearing protection. I need to learn to stop gritting my teeth, I grit my teeth so bad that it gave me a horrible head ache. I still have a WHOLE LOT of work to do on games. I choked and froze on one, didn't get through the last game. I need a lot of work on RC (doesn't everyone) and I need to refine my skipping strategy.

So, my plan is to drill, confidence drill, BR, untimed drills, and FP FP FP the hell out of those games! Im going to begin the BR process tomorrow. Right now I have to get ready to watch the Astro's win the series tonight. (I have a sever dislike of the Astros seeing as Im in Dallas, however I have an even stronger sever dislike of the Dodgers) well, at least its not the Angles, good lord I really dislike the Angles. Anyways, hope you are all doing well in your prep, and remember, don't quit, "It can be done, It will be done."

• J_ClarksonJ_Clarkson Alum Member
    585 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Jay_Camp said:
    Hey Alex, please add me as well!

You got it, dude!

Thanks brotha! Any idea what the schedule will look like? For example: two PTs a week from PT 35 and up?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Jay_Camp said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Jay_Camp said:
    Hey Alex, please add me as well!

You got it, dude!

Thanks brotha! Any idea what the schedule will look like? For example: two PTs a week from PT 35 and up?

Planning on starting with PT36 for our first "official" blind review group. After that, I'm going to speak with everyone, see what everyone else thinks, and then go from there.

I would like, however, to see more emphasis put on the modern PTs with our study group. I'm a firm believer that the new PTs are where the bulk of our focus should be for the duration of our PT group. Ideally, I'd like to do most of 62-82 and hopefully much of the 50s series as well.

As for frequency, I'm thinking 1 PT a week as a group. I think for most people, especially those fresh out of the CC, that 1 PT/week is more than enough. For those of us that may be further along in our studies, we can always take additional PTs as needed.

• Watermelon OtterWatermelon Otter Alum Member
    345 karma

@"Alex Divine" Hey! I'm planning to write in June 2018 and would be really interested in joining the study group. Any chance you could add me? I saw you mentioned we'll be starting with PT36 and then do one a week, do you know when we'll be starting?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2017 23929 karma

@"Watermelon Otter" said:
    @"Alex Divine" Hey! I'm planning to write in June 2018 and would be really interested in joining the study group. Any chance you could add me? I saw you mentioned we'll be starting with PT36 and then do one a week, do you know when we'll be starting?

You got it @"Watermelon Otter"

I plan on us starting in the beginning of December. I have to check out the 7Sage calendar and make sure that we don't plan a night during that week that interferes with other helpful events like Josh's Monday night LR Workshops or Daniel's RC Workshops on Thursdays.

Currently thinking about Tuesday nights @ 7:30pm EDT.

• jbodnovichjbodnovich Free Trial Member
    17 karma

Should I take a practice test too see where my weaknesses are and then start to focus on them or follow how my Kaplan goes and then take practice test?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jbodnovich said:
    Should I take a practice test too see where my weaknesses are and then start to focus on them or follow how my Kaplan goes and then take practice test?

Hmm.. I'm not too familiar with Kaplan's system so I can't speak on how to best approach that. My general advice would be to finish your books/curriculum before taking a full PT. I think it makes sense to learn all of the fundamentals first before beginning to PT.

• Grace...Grace... Alum Member
    339 karma

I would like to join. I am aiming for Dec. and Feb. exams. Will you be hosting BR calls as well?

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

@Alex Divine, Any chance for Wednesdays instead of Tuesdays?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Grace..." said:
    I would like to join. I am aiming for Dec. and Feb. exams. Will you be hosting BR calls as well?

Yes, our BR calls will begin in December!

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

Hey, can you add me to the team, Alex?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    @Alex Divine, Any chance for Wednesdays instead of Tuesdays?

Hey LSATplaylist,

Wednesdays are LR Workshop night with Sage @"Cant Get Right" :https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/13205/lr-workshop-with-sage-josh-comparative-language-wednesday-november-11-7-30pm-est

These are such an amazing experience to learn tips and tricks for LR that I'd hate to interfere!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@ohnoeshalpme said:
    Hey, can you add me to the team, Alex?

You betcha!

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Ok so we should do PT36 before the first session?

• AlexAlex Alum Member

@"samantha.ashley92" said:

I'll post all of the details next week when everything is set in stone.
    But yes, our first blind review group meeting will be BR'ing PT36 (December 2001 LSAT)

Don't take PT36 unless you have completed the core curriculum and have done the proper drilling first.

I thought I'd make a fun LSAT riddle for ya :smiley:

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

@"Alex Divine" , Thanks for the reply. I thought the LR Workshops were on Mondays. Did they decide on Wednesdays instead?

• IgnatiusIgnatius Alum Member
    382 karma

I've recently decided to postpone my Dec test date till June. It was a very tough decision! I'd love to be a part of this study group.

You guys are awesome.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    @"Alex Divine" , Thanks for the reply. I thought the LR Workshops were on Mondays. Did they decide on Wednesdays instead?

Yeah, it looks like it!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Ignatius said:
    I've recently decided to postpone my Dec test date till June. It was a very tough decision! I'd love to be a part of this study group.

You guys are awesome.

Happy to hear you'll be joining us!

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

Welcome to the squad, new people!!! Let's get after it!

• greybrownbluegreybrownblue Member
    edited November 2017 87 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

But yes, our first blind review group meeting will be BR'ing PT36 (December 2001 LSAT)

Don't take PT36 unless you have completed the core curriculum and have done the proper drilling first.

Awesome! I currently got both the LSAT PT's books of 19-28 and 29-38 so that sounds like music to my ears!!!

May I ask you why did you decide for us to start our BR'ing with PT36? Is it because is one of the first tests? Just being curious.

Thanks very much!

• AlexAlex Alum Member

@greybrownblue said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Awesome! I currently got both the LSAT PT's books of 19-28 and 29-38 so that sounds like music to my ears!!!

May I ask you why did you decide for us to start our BR'ing with PT36? Is it because is one of the first tests? Just being curious.

Thanks very much!

Of course!

We're starting with PT36 because it's the first scheduled test after one finishes* the 7Sage course. We use 1-35 for drilling as we learn the fundamentals and then use 36-82 for PTs.

• J.CHRIS.ALSTJ.CHRIS.ALST Alum Member
    399 karma

I'm aiming for Feb 2018 but June is my back up. Any chance I can get in on this?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"J.CHRIS.ALST" said:
    I'm aiming for Feb 2018 but June is my back up. Any chance I can get in on this?

You're in!

• akrieglerakriegler Alum Member
    245 karma

Alex, could you add me to the group? I originally planned for December but have recently decided to postpone!

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

im def in. is there a time/day set? any chance for friday/saturday/or sunday night :/ I can't join until after 8:30 EST

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@sillllyxo said:
    im def in. is there a time/day set? any chance for friday/saturday/or sunday night :/ I can't join until after 8:30 EST

Hi there -- I'll definitely add you to the group. As of now, I was thinking the first BR group meeting would be on Tuesday, December 5th, 2017 at 7:30PM EST.

This may change, but it seems to be the most accommodating option for everyone right now.

• TheNotoriousRBGTheNotoriousRBG Alum Member
    4 karma

Would love to join!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@TheNotoriousRBG said:
    Would love to join!

Righto!

Welcome RBG! :)

• necessarynaominecessarynaomi Alum Member
    56 karma

Looking to join this group for a possible February/June take.

• alyhobbsalyhobbs Alum Member
    715 karma

Hey I would love to join if you have any more room. I should be done with CC by December. I was hoping to be done already but had a setback with trying to memorize and get down valid/invalid forms. I could really use some accountability and a group to help through the PTs.

• Legally_SpeakingLegally_Speaking Alum Member
    553 karma

@"Alex Divine" I'd love to join this group if possible. I've finally conceded and think June 2018 is the best lsat date for me.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@necessarynaomi said:

@"forest.dearing.2017" said:
    @"Alex Divine" I'd love to join this group if possible. I've finally conceded and think June 2018 is the best lsat date for me.

I'll add you guys!

https://media.giphy.com/media/XYot661SFS62c/giphy.gif

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Happy to hear that! You're in :)

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@sillllyxo said:

Hi there -- I'll definitely add you to the group. As of now, I was thinking the first BR group meeting would be on Tuesday, December 5th, 2017 at 7:30PM EST.

This may change, but it seems to be the most accommodating option for everyone right now.

I'm pumped. Let's do it.

• alyhobbsalyhobbs Alum Member
    715 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@necessarynaomi said:

I'll add you guys!

https://media.giphy.com/media/XYot661SFS62c/giphy.gif

Haha love that movie!

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    1866 karma

Hey @"Alex Divine"! Could I join in on this, too? I'm most likely postponing December to take in June instead so I have more time. I finished the CC a couple months ago so I'm good to join PT BR calls anytime. I live on the West Coast (PST) so time of day isn't as much of an issue for me. Thanks!

• akrieglerakriegler Alum Member
    245 karma

Could you please add me to the group?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@akriegler said:
    Could you please add me to the group?

You got it!

@"Habeas Porpoise" said:
    Hey @"Alex Divine"! Could I join in on this, too? I'm most likely postponing December to take in June instead so I have more time. I finished the CC a couple months ago so I'm good to join PT BR calls anytime. I live on the West Coast (PST) so time of day isn't as much of an issue for me. Thanks!

I got you! Nice to meet you online my west coast friend!

• Shawn NguyenShawn Nguyen Alum Member
    77 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@sillllyxo said:

Did you want us to have a PT done by then?

• Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
    429 karma

@"Shawn Nguyen" said:

In addition, if we have done the PT, should we re review them for a refresher?

• alexandra.marlenealexandra.marlene Alum Member
    102 karma

Coming in this a little late but can I pleaaaaaase get in on this too? I sat September, but now it's June or bust! Please???

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"alexandra.marlene" said:
    Coming in this a little late but can I pleaaaaaase get in on this too? I sat September, but now it's June or bust! Please???

Of course!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Brazil020511 said:

@"Shawn Nguyen" said:

In addition, if we have done the PT, should we re review them for a refresher?

If you'd like to that would be fine. Just don't spoil the answers for anyone :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Shawn Nguyen" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@sillllyxo said:

Yes, please take PT36 + BR it (to the best of your ability) before the meeting. :)

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

@"Alex Divine" in true 7sage fashion I have decided to delay my test until next June : ) Please add me to the group

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    @"Alex Divine" in true 7sage fashion I have decided to delay my test until next June : ) Please add me to the group

Happy to hear it, brother!

• aguirreliz92aguirreliz92 Alum Member
    217 karma

Just to make sure I have this correct, when we do a PT for a BR, I don’t look at the answers before we go over it together right?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@aguirreliz92 said:
    Just to make sure I have this correct, when we do a PT for a BR, I don’t look at the answers before we go over it together right?

Great question!
    Correct. Just BR to the best of your ability. I'm going to update the OP with more specific instructions next week!