Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coffee or no coffee for September LSAT?!

cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
in General 737 karma

So I hear that we need to stick to our routine for game day, yet I worry drinking an 8 oz cup of joe will make me a bit jumpy during the test? Thoughts anyone?

I drink a cup of coffee every day before work, at times try to limit my intake to 1-2 days without it. I know its silly, but I want to be on top of my game for the big day, and would hate if anything like that ruins it for me lol

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Covfefe, really subjective and all on you. I depend on caffeine, I'd be stupid not to drink it before the test. Others get destroyed by it, and would be stupid to drink it before the test.

Do you boo boo!

I'm team covfefe though, I think most others will not be lol

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

if you've been drinking coffee everyday, just drink a cup the day of the test. you will be fine.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

If you do it every day before work, then do it before the test. You could drink slightly less than normal if worried about jitters. Like you said, stick to your routine.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

I stopped drinking coffee before PT because I realized that coffee sometimes makes me jittery. I switched to green tea. It really depends on you.

• AnthonyScaliaAnthonyScalia Alum Member
    330 karma

Consider matcha as a temporary alternative. Matcha has quite a bit of caffeine, but it releases slower and won't give you the spike and subsequent crash.

Try it as a latte if you aren't used to the bitterness!

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

Thanks a lot y'all! I think I may stick to my routine, but lower my intake to a 6 or even 4 oz cup.. Silly question, but you start thinking all sorts of things near game day lol

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

What do you do when you PT? If you drink coffee before a practice test and you're okay, I'd stick with that :) Just make sure you have something filling + slow burning to eat before. I usually do two hardboiled eggs + protein oats + an apple, then coffee.