Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official September 2017 LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@peytonstuart said:
    Has anyone come to any conclusions on if the 1st or 3rd section was experimental on the LR(25)-LG-LR(25)-LR(26)-RC test format? Would appreciate any input even if you are not certain

Mine was the third section, but I'm not sure it's the same for everyone. It's best to figure out based on question descriptions. School drinking policy was in my first section which is why I know it was the real one.

Interesting maybe we had the same test...do you recall a question about the arctic and colder winters? I think it would have been in the 2nd LR section, and the 3rd over all section of the test

I don't remember that question, and I'm usually pretty good with subject matter (though I've heard cuttlefish a lot as a real question and have no memory of that, so who knows).

No one seems to remember this question when I ask about it. It lead's me to conclude that I had LR-LG-LR(exp)-LR-RC. This sticks because I guessed on 1 question in the first LR because it was hard as crap! haha

That first section was definitely difficult. Was debating between two answer choices on one question right before time was called and was erasing the one I didn't go with as time was called. Have no reasoning for why I picked it other than pure gut instinct/panic.

Same...between that LR section and the RC I'm sure my dreams of 170+ are highly unlikely to be realized. Especially if the curve is what everyone predicts, between those two alone I feel like I missed 9 questions :(

Anecdotally, I thought the same in June because of the inferences passage (I thought I had missed every question because I felt good about exactly zero of them), but I ended up at 170 (somehow only missed two in inferences). You never KNOW until you get the score.

This time however, I likely didn't because of Judges. Had to "guess" on five questions (I read the question and maybe one or two answer choices and just convinced myself it must be right because it had to be). So that's a way different feeling from June. If the curve is the same and I made my usual mistake or two per LR section and mistake per RC passage, I'll definitely be under.

They can't possibly give us another easy LG/hard RC test again in December right!?

Haha...this IS the LSAC we are talking about. Unfortunately for me LR and RC are wildcards. I don't know why but one day I'll destroy them and the next I get destroyed, regardless of difficulty....PT81 I went -2 on RC. PT80 I went -0 on RC. PT79 I went -9 on RC....What is life?

LR is always like -5 and -3ish....so I'm just not feeling confident!

I do the same on RC. Occasionally a passage will come up that just throws me. Usually it's just the subject matter makes it hard for me to focus for some reason and I realize pretty quickly after reading that I took in none of it. I think it was PT75 or 74 I took the week before this time and missed 5 of 6 on a comparative passage out of nowhere. This should have been a sign of some kind to watch out for the comparative section :-P

Exactly! I took PT79 as the real test last Sept and I couldn't care any less about lacquer and art...so of course I got DEMOLISHED by it...unfortunately the RC this test felt more similar to PT79 than it did to PT80 and 81 to me...

Unfortunately I can't relate on 79, Eileen Gray is the one difficult passage where I get to be the annoying person that says it was really easy. But I did redo 81 recently and the inferences passage didn't seem as bad the second time around. The subject matter / confusing way it was written (there is a lot of 'in' alliteration going on for instance that makes it odd to read) just spooked me. Judges definitely just felt different (but I will refrain from saying why).

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@peytonstuart said:
    Has anyone come to any conclusions on if the 1st or 3rd section was experimental on the LR(25)-LG-LR(25)-LR(26)-RC test format? Would appreciate any input even if you are not certain

Mine was the third section, but I'm not sure it's the same for everyone. It's best to figure out based on question descriptions. School drinking policy was in my first section which is why I know it was the real one.

Interesting maybe we had the same test...do you recall a question about the arctic and colder winters? I think it would have been in the 2nd LR section, and the 3rd over all section of the test

I don't remember that question, and I'm usually pretty good with subject matter (though I've heard cuttlefish a lot as a real question and have no memory of that, so who knows).

No one seems to remember this question when I ask about it. It lead's me to conclude that I had LR-LG-LR(exp)-LR-RC. This sticks because I guessed on 1 question in the first LR because it was hard as crap! haha

That first section was definitely difficult. Was debating between two answer choices on one question right before time was called and was erasing the one I didn't go with as time was called. Have no reasoning for why I picked it other than pure gut instinct/panic.

Same...between that LR section and the RC I'm sure my dreams of 170+ are highly unlikely to be realized. Especially if the curve is what everyone predicts, between those two alone I feel like I missed 9 questions :(

Anecdotally, I thought the same in June because of the inferences passage (I thought I had missed every question because I felt good about exactly zero of them), but I ended up at 170 (somehow only missed two in inferences). You never KNOW until you get the score.

This time however, I likely didn't because of Judges. Had to "guess" on five questions (I read the question and maybe one or two answer choices and just convinced myself it must be right because it had to be). So that's a way different feeling from June. If the curve is the same and I made my usual mistake or two per LR section and mistake per RC passage, I'll definitely be under.

They can't possibly give us another easy LG/hard RC test again in December right!?

Haha...this IS the LSAC we are talking about. Unfortunately for me LR and RC are wildcards. I don't know why but one day I'll destroy them and the next I get destroyed, regardless of difficulty....PT81 I went -2 on RC. PT80 I went -0 on RC. PT79 I went -9 on RC....What is life?

I do the same on RC. Occasionally a passage will come up that just throws me. Usually it's just the subject matter makes it hard for me to focus for some reason and I realize pretty quickly after reading that I took in none of it. I think it was PT75 or 74 I took the week before this time and missed 5 of 6 on a comparative passage out of nowhere. This should have been a sign of some kind to watch out for the comparative section :-P

Exactly! I took PT79 as the real test last Sept and I couldn't care any less about lacquer and art...so of course I got DEMOLISHED by it...unfortunately the RC this test felt more similar to PT79 than it did to PT80 and 81 to me...

Unfortunately I can't relate on 79, Eileen Gray is the one difficult passage where I get to be the annoying person that says it was really easy. But I did redo 81 recently and the inferences passage didn't seem as bad the second time around. The subject matter / confusing way it was written (there is a lot of 'in' alliteration going on for instance that makes it odd to read) just spooked me. Judges definitely just felt different (but I will refrain from saying why).

Lucky you >_< haha Sept 2017 was it's own beast. I still don't even know what the heck the first guy was saying (I mean...I have a sense but...) why write it that way?! I was actually interested in the last passages topic of grand theory, so I'm hoping I made up a bit of lost ground there...fingers crossed. You are absolutely correct in your assessment though all this speculation does little good. I'm just a super type A personality so it's hard for me to shut it down!

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@peytonstuart said:

Lucky you >_< haha Sept 2017 was it's own beast. I still don't even know what the heck the first guy was saying (I mean...I have a sense but...) why write it that way?! I was actually interested in the last passages topic of grand theory, so I'm hoping I made up a bit of lost ground there...fingers crossed. You are absolutely correct in your assessment though all this speculation does little good. I'm just a super type A personality so it's hard for me to shut it down!

Totally agree about the last passage! I found that super intriguing and I'm grateful. It snapped me out of my stupor following the infamous JUDGES

• davidjamessutton1davidjamessutton1 Free Trial Member
    49 karma

Any other first time LSAT takers just hoping and praying they're not taking the December test??!!!

• mdiberarmdiberar Free Trial Member
    14 karma

The test was not fun.

• Socrat3sSocrat3s Alum Member
    edited September 2017 92 karma

@mdiberar said:
    The test was not fun.

• alexandra.marlenealexandra.marlene Alum Member
    102 karma

"dillon.7sa> @davidjamessutton1 said:

Any other first time LSAT takers just hoping and praying they're not taking the December test??!!!

Um. Yes. That'll be me.

49 karma

@"alexandra.marlene" said:

Um. Yes. That'll be me.

I told myself (as I'm sure countless others have) that I'm just going with this one score. I felt good about my performance immediately after I finished the LSAT but that damn doubt seems to grow a little every day!

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

@mdiberar said:
    The test was not fun.

• lepalermlepalerm Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 2 karma

I had it today and had 3 LR was the end of the ice age or the lottery fairness on anyone's who had 2LRs

• alexandra.marlenealexandra.marlene Alum Member
    102 karma

@davidjamessutton1 said:

Um. Yes. That'll be me.

I told myself (as I'm sure countless others have) that I'm just going with this one score. I felt good about my performance immediately after I finished the LSAT but that damn doubt seems to grow a little every day!

Same on all accounts. I have no intention of taking it again, but I kept all my books because at the same time I'm like...... did I actually get the score though?

49 karma

@davidjamessutton1 said:

Um. Yes. That'll be me.

Same on all accounts. I have no intention of taking it again, but I kept all my books because at the same time I'm like...... did I actually get the score though?

Absolutely. My books and notebook are on standby because if I underperformed they'll be my first stop (after the liquor cabinet of course lol).

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@davidjamessutton1 said:

Absolutely. My books and notebook are on standby because if I underperformed they'll be my first stop (after the liquor cabinet of course lol).

I like your style (re: liquor cabinet ;) haha)

• BillGreenpointBillGreenpoint Alum Member
    318 karma

I wanted to let you all know that I just unpacked my one gallon plastic ziploc bag from test day. It still had snacks!

4196 karma

@BillGreenpoint said:
    I wanted to let you all know that I just unpacked my one gallon plastic ziploc bag from test day. It still had snacks!

mine is still sitting there. I probably should empty it out but I'm lazy

13286 karma

Guys....I just realized, if the test scores are delayed by a day....we will get out scores back on OCTOBER Friday the 13th. I almost think the LSAC is evil enough to do this just for "fun"....

4196 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    Guys....I just realized, if the test scores are delayed by a day....we will get out scores back on OCTOBER Friday the 13th. I almost think the LSAC is evil enough to do this just for "fun"....

GREAT... 13th will translate to my score of a 130... just add the 0... because 0 I how many RC questions I got right ..

• StrangerThanFiction175StrangerThanFiction175 Free Trial Member
    edited October 2017 99 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

No way they're releasing scores Friday the 13th. They wouldn't... would they?

13286 karma

@zmeeker91 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

This is the LSAC. The same company that makes us wait a month for a score on a ScanTron test...

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@zmeeker91 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

This is the LSAC. The same company that makes us wait a month for a score on a ScanTron test...

LOL. So true.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

The rules governing score release dates are a very closely guarded secret held by The LSAC Board of Trustees, pictured below. There's no way to know what they might do until they've done it.

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/AAEAAQAAAAAAAASRAAAAJGZhZGM5NGY3LTY0OTMtNGRiMC1iMjhjLTRjYzE1OGY2YjMxMw.jpg

edited October 2017 4196 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    The rules governing score release dates are a very closely guarded secret held by The LSAC Board of Trustees, pictured below. There's no way to know what they might do until they've done it.

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/AAEAAQAAAAAAAASRAAAAJGZhZGM5NGY3LTY0OTMtNGRiMC1iMjhjLTRjYzE1OGY2YjMxMw.jpg

hahaha

I feel some type of way about having the LSAC have my personal info. I feel like they have sold my soul to the devil or something by now :lol:

13286 karma

@TheMikey said:

@"Cant Get Right" said:

hahaha

I feel some type of way about having the LSAC have my personal info. I feel like they have sold my soul to the devil or something by now :lol:

You're one of us now @TheMikey

https://i.imgur.com/dac74Al.gif

• jberger295jberger295 Free Trial Member
    76 karma
    13286 karma

Wow that's fucked. There's no other way to say it. I would lose my mind if that happened to me.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

The year that hurricanes forced the scores to be released late, does anybody no if lsac gave any warning ahead of time that scores weren't coming out on the original date? Seems like they would have to notify somehow, wondering if we can expect that next week, potentially.

4196 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

Wow that's fucked. There's no other way to say it. I would lose my mind if that happened to me.

as bad as I know my RC was, I honestly wouldn't be too upset if mine got lost and they offered me a free retake lmao

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:
    The year that hurricanes forced the scores to be released late, does anybody no if lsac gave any warning ahead of time that scores weren't coming out on the original date? Seems like they would have to notify somehow, wondering if we can expect that next week, potentially.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. When they delayed it was because the hurricane shut down LSAC itself for a few days. So it's unlikely they will delay scores this time.

4196 karma

LSAC can you just give me my 120 already so I can move on

13286 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:

The LSAC gives no warning. They just do it and we all panic until, during, and after it happens...

https://media.tenor.com/images/036712d184ef5215ae455dee7a9f79d2/tenor.gif

• tcookPHLtcookPHL Alum Member
    300 karma

I keep having nightmares that I scored a 138 on this EXACTLY---- I don't even want to know my score at this point lol.

13286 karma

https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/74fhc2/me_irl/

Everyone can hate me now...also this is funny as hell!

4196 karma

173 on a PT yesterday. So depressing that my September score is going to be no where near that, thank you so damn much for that RC section, LSAC. Ugh, December is my last chance because I need to move the hell on after that!!

• rene4231rene4231 Alum Member
    edited October 2017 162 karma

I've packed the next few days full of work and activities to keep me from refreshing every 20 minutes. While I have prepared myself to retake in December I'm holding off on registering until I finally see September's score. Still, every time I get an email my heart stops. Anyone planning to attend the Atlanta or NY LSAC Forum?

13286 karma

@rene4231 said:
    I've packed the next few days full of work and activities to keep me from refreshing every 20 minutes. While I have prepared myself to retake in December I'm holding off on registering until I finally see September's score. Still, every time I get an email my heart stops. Anyone planning to attend the Atlanta or NY LSAC Forum?

When I saw this discussion thread pop back up I had a mini heart attack >_<

• jimpal92jimpal92 Member
    11 karma

I feel like I could have totally bombed or done fine - waiting for Thursday is insufferable!

• mck.mea27mck.mea27 Free Trial Member
    19 karma

So no one is seeing scores yet...right? I know the release date isn't until Thursday, but the last two releases were one and two days early.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@"mck.mea27" said:
    So no one is seeing scores yet...right? I know the release date isn't until Thursday, but the last two releases were one and two days early.

Trust me, you'll know when people receive their scores.

13286 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:

@"mck.mea27" said:

Trust me, you'll know when people receive their scores.

http://img6.laughinggif.com/pic/HTTP3ZpZ25ldHRlMy53aWtpYS5ub2Nvb2tpZS5uZXQvaWNhcmx5L2ltYWdlcy82LzYwL0Z1bm55LWdpZi1zdGV2ZS1jYXJlbGwtZnJlYWtpbmctb3V0LmdpZi9yZXZpc2lvbi9sYXRlc3QxgxgY2I9MjAxNDA4MTkwMjA5MTMlog.gif

ughhh I feel sick...

4196 karma

@"mck.mea27" said:

nope, not yet. but when it happens, everyone will go gray at the same time and trust Dillon, you will definitely know people are getting scores when everyone is screaming gray haha

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

I had a dream that I got a 150 on this test. It was a horrible feeling and it was so vivid that I couldn't shake the feeling the entire day! Ugh

4196 karma

@mcglz_64 said:
    I had a dream that I got a 150 on this test. It was a horrible feeling and it was so vivid that I couldn't shake the feeling the entire day! Ugh

I'd be shook af when I wake up lol

I remember I had a dream I got a 140 last year and I woke up in a cold sweat and almost cried then realized it was a dream

edited October 2017 13286 karma

@TheMikey said:

@mcglz_64 said:

I remember I had a dream I got a 140 last year and I woke up in a cold sweat and almost cried then realized it was a dream

I've decided I don't want to say what I had said here.

• Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
    877 karma

Is anyone else experiencing perpetual mini heart attacks every time you refresh your email and an email pops up from "law-admissions" or "admissions@law" and you think for a split second that it's from LSAC but it's actually just from 1 of the 80,000 law schools sending you advertisements for their school?

4196 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@TheMikey said:

@mcglz_64 said:

huh?

13286 karma

@TheMikey said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@TheMikey said:

@mcglz_64 said:

huh?

I quoted a score that I feel like I'm going to get. Then felt really bad about myself and deleted it. lol

4196 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

I quoted a score that I feel like I'm going to get. Then felt really bad about myself and deleted it. lol

oh lol

you got a 177 though

• Illyria5Illyria5 Member
    11 karma

@Sarah889 said:
    Is anyone else experiencing perpetual mini heart attacks every time you refresh your email and an email pops up from "law-admissions" or "admissions@law" and you think for a split second that it's from LSAC but it's actually just from 1 of the 80,000 law schools sending you advertisements for their school?

Yes, holy crap. Now I'm worried the actual email is going to come and I won't even read it cause I'll assume its junk.

13286 karma

@TheMikey said:

@LSATcantwin said:

oh lol

you got a 177 though

That's not right...

http://media.giphy.com/media/y9X0F8VgTkmU8/giphy.gif

• Illyria5Illyria5 Member
    11 karma

@Illyria5 said:

@Sarah889 said:

Yes, holy crap. Now I'm worried the actual email is going to come and I won't even read it cause I'll assume its junk.

Just kidding though, I've been refreshing my LSAC account every twenty minutes anyway :/