Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official September 2017 LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@RafaelBernard said:

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:

@"mark mccumber" said:
    Homophones was real

What was your experimental?

I assumed the 26 questions one was real just because LR seems to be one section with 25 and one section with 26. is this not a viable method?

Not really, no.

• NathanielNathaniel Member
    78 karma

Our proctor for one part didn't give the five minute warning on time, we had a couple minutes only. They said it gets noted to the LSAC that we didn't get the warning and it's up to them as to how it affects the test.

My question is, What happens?

12637 karma

Please confirm "Beads and Gold" and "Homophones" as questions if you did NOT have experimental LR.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I had LG--LR--LG--RC--LR

RC was really really hard. I almost had a mental breakdown. First LR for me was a bit tough but not bad, the other one was on the easier side. The real LG was easy, the experimental one was time consuming af and a bit tough, didn't get to finish and I'm glad it was exp

• vanillamochivanillamochi Member
    edited September 2017 37 karma

So basically we need to see if the beads question was on the test for someone who didn't do 3 LR sections... cause if it was, then your girl is cancelling and retesting in december :/

• appletreeappletree Member
    27 karma

"Beads and Gold" and "Homophones" are real

• ElleWoodsWhoElleWoodsWho Alum Member
    24 karma

Beating my head off the wall while I find out the judges RC was real. Like wow what the crap was that... I had LR, LG, LR, (break), LR, RC..

• kgh2112kgh2112 Alum Member
    3 karma

Does anyone know if the tarantala LR question was in the real or experimental LR?

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

@ZaTabler said:
    @"Dillon A. Wright"

so the general consensus is that RC was hard. Will the curve reflect this? how does that work?

Honestly I doubt the curve will reflect this. For 81 lots of people thought RC was really hard and the curve did not reflect that.... sad because I also feel like I bombed RC. That fricken judges passage made no sense. Curve is always pretty consistent.

• lawschoolhopeful1996lawschoolhopeful1996 Alum Member
    49 karma

Please confirm "Beads and Gold" and "Homophones" as questions if you did NOT have experimental LR.

I can confirm that I had the beads as a form of currency question and I did not have a logical reasoning experimental

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

I actually didn't find RC that hard, but it is my stronger section. The second LR passage I thought was way more difficult. Also mostly just REALLY happy that the LG section I didn't feel as good about was the experimental

Best of luck to you all!

4196 karma

@kgh2112 said:
    Does anyone know if the tarantala LR question was in the real or experimental LR?

I only had 2 LR's, that tarantula question was real

• jberger295jberger295 Free Trial Member
    76 karma

RC SUCKED!!! But LG was uber easy. Ugh now to wait a month...

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@RafaelBernard said:

@ZaTabler said:
    @"Dillon A. Wright"

so the general consensus is that RC was hard. Will the curve reflect this? how does that work?

Honestly I doubt the curve will reflect this. For 81 lots of people thought RC was really hard and the curve did not reflect that.... sad because I also feel like I bombed RC. That fricken judges passage made no sense. Curve is always pretty consistent.

Yeah with as easy as LG was, I don't think the curve will be very extreme. Probably a 10 or 11

• 5everLSATing5everLSATing Member
    22 karma

@bklsat05 said:
    RC was killed for sure !!

Curve should be normal I think due to "easy" LG (quotes cuz I bombed them)

Same here! All because I misread a QG rule or something, to read Q-----G. It was all downhill from there...

• mattop61mattop61 Alum Member
    160 karma

Was meal specials the second or third game?

edited September 2017 1063 karma

@mattop6 said:
    Was meal specials the second or third game?

third game was about people interviewing other people or like suspects... somebody was getting interviewed. second game was the one with the [removed]

• nicole.brooklynnicole.brooklyn Alum Member
    341 karma

Only had 4 minutes to do the last passage, but managed to read it and answer all the questions. Feeling a bit like Michael Phelps rn, tbh.

• mattop61mattop61 Alum Member
    160 karma

I can't remember if I misread a rule/made an incorrect inference on a game. Are you allowed to post specific questions regarding this?

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

LR section, 1 LG (movie theater, student assignments), LR, BREAK, LR, 1 RC (forests, judges)

Man, I've been studying for so long, and I know I should have breezed through logic games. Hate to have to retake on a LG that was relatively easy. I'm definitely retaking, but I know exactly what I need to work on: timing, and fool proofing and working on logic games as whole sections. I'm getting owned by not finish the sections.

• LetsHigh5LetsHigh5 Alum Member
    edited September 2017 703 karma

I had:
    1. RC
    2. LR
    3. LG
    4. Break
    5. RC
    6. LR

If what you say about the "real" RC is correct, I had an experimental section RC section (whose non-violating LSAC policy) keywords for the first passage would be "Feminism & John Stuart Mill's wife"

• bklsat05bklsat05 Member
    177 karma

@cgracia12 said:
    LR section, 1 LG (movie theater, student assignments), LR, BREAK, LR, 1 RC (forests, judges)

Man, I've been studying for so long, and I know I should have breezed through logic games. Hate to have to retake on a LG that was relatively easy. I'm definitely retaking, but I know exactly what I need to work on: timing, and fool proofing and working on logic games as whole sections. I'm getting owned by not finish the sections.

Honestly I'm retaking due to LG as well but don't feel bad because there's always something easier/difficult. Lately RC has been killer

• farrellkaitiefarrellkaitie Free Trial Member
    2 karma

I had LR LG LR LR RC
    Praying that the second LR was real since it was the only one I felt confident about what I remember is
    LR1some hypothesized light in space
    LR2 workers wearing black lifting belts
    LR3 shouldn't have to pay someone for driving them to school because it's on the way anyway

Although it's very possible that I blacked out on the entire test and am remembering this wrong

12637 karma

@mattop6 said:
    I can't remember if I misread a rule/made an incorrect inference on a game. Are you allowed to post specific questions regarding this?

No.

• AnthonyScaliaAnthonyScalia Alum Member
    330 karma

I had an extra LR with a LR-LG-LR-LR-RC order. This was almost ideal for me in contents and order, only having an extra LG would have been better.

I felt like the LR sections were pretty fair, and characteristic of everything we have come to expect.

When I got to the LG, I was so certain that it was the experimental. It seemed way too easy and some of the questions seemed to test really easy deductions, so a small part of me is nervous that I overlooked a nuance. Did you guys pick up any complex relationships between entities? Everything was super straightforward to me.

I'm most concerned about RC for sure. I actually found three of the passages to be among the easier I've come across, but as others have mentioned, the judge passage was horrendous. I think I lost more points on that passage alone than I did in total on the rest of the test. -2/-6/-12/-18 is my guess for the curve, but it could easily be harder if LG is actually as easy as I found it.

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

Confirmed (I had 2 RC)

4196 karma

I hope I aced LR/LG because RC is going to really make or break my score... hope I did OK at least because I know I did terrible on it..

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

@AJordanMD What do you mean by that curve breakdown? -2 and still get 180? -12 and still get in the 170s?

• MsM1998_MsM1998_ Alum Member
    117 karma

Did not have experimental LR; the beads and gold, and the homophones question was from the real LR section(s).

• Maddie D.Maddie D. Alum Member
    edited September 2017 325 karma

Yeah I don't not anticipate a huge curve on this one since I'm trash at games and I found them easy and I feel like the consensus is that LR was pretty standard. Ughhh.

• lawschoolhopeful1996lawschoolhopeful1996 Alum Member
    49 karma

@farrellkaitie said:
    I had LR LG LR LR RC
    Praying that the second LR was real since it was the only one I felt confident about what I remember is
    LR3 shouldn't have to pay someone for driving them to school because it's on the way anyway

Although it's very possible that I blacked out on the entire test and am remembering this wrong

I had the LR2 and LR3 questions that you had. Had lg experimental so your LR1 was your experimental

1063 karma

@lawschoolhopeful1996 said:

@farrellkaitie said:
    I had LR LG LR LR RC

I had the LR2 and LR3 questions that you had. Had lg experimental so your LR1 was your experimental

yay! only good news I've heard

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

Did anyone else think the LG was stupid easy? Also did anyone else have a problem with one question?

• AnthonyScaliaAnthonyScalia Alum Member
    330 karma

Would it be allowed for us to post a fictional LG that we may believe mirrors the scenario of the real thing? It wouldn't be listing any questions, but we would be able to show and discuss our deductions for the different but logically similar problem?

4196 karma

@Victoria14 said:
    Did anyone else think the LG was stupid easy? Also did anyone else have a problem with one question?

yeah LG was dumb easy. my exp LG was a bit harder and I didn't get to finish though, but screw it it's the exp!

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

LG, LR, LG Break RC, LR Writing

I thought first Logic game sec. was very easy. Second was easier than usual, but last game was tricky. First LR easy, second tougher, but I think mainly because of mental fatigue. RC very doable. Agree the judges passage was tough, but I though the other three passages were ok. Overall I'm super stoked, I feel like I may well have scored above 170, which was the goal! Guessing -0, -1, -1, -4, -3 respectively on my sections.

• caseclosed96caseclosed96 Free Trial Member
    11 karma

I had three LR sections. One of the sections had questions about child prodigies and HID light bulbs/car accidents. Any one know if these were real or experimental?

12637 karma

@AJordanMD said:
    Would it be allowed for us to post a fictional LG that we may believe mirrors the scenario of the real thing? It wouldn't be listing any questions, but we would be able to show and discuss our deductions for the different but logically similar problem?

Please don't.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

@caseclosed96 said:
    I had three LR sections. One of the sections had questions about child prodigies and HID light bulbs/car accidents. Any one know if these were real or experimental?

I had three as well and none of that sounds familiar

• myk950myk950 Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 12 karma

Had 3 lr sections. Does anyone know if a question about lemurs, evolutionand high primates is experimental or not? Thanks!

Edited: cuz I wrote lg instead of lr haha

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

@TheMikey said:

@Victoria14 said:

yeah LG was dumb easy. my exp LG was a bit harder and I didn't get to finish though, but screw it it's the exp!

Hey what did you think of the LR? The second one kicked my bum Andy hat never normally happens.

12637 karma

@myk950 said:
    Had 3 lg sections. Does anyone know if a question about lemurs, evolutionand high primates is experimental or not? Thanks!

3 LG??

• LSAT Take 2LSAT Take 2 Member
    38 karma

Just kill me now, that judges passage was impossible.

• myk950myk950 Free Trial Member
    12 karma

@myk950 said:
    Had 3 lg sections. Does anyone know if a question about lemurs, evolutionand high primates is experimental or not? Thanks!

3 LG??

Sorry I meant logical reasoning haha

• Oceanj35Oceanj35 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

@TheMikey said:
    I had LG--LR--LG--RC--LR

RC was really really hard. I almost had a mental breakdown. First LR for me was a bit tough but not bad, the other one was on the easier side. The real LG was easy, the experimental one was time consuming af and a bit tough, didn't get to finish and I'm glad it was exp

Was your exp first?

• reflectionxreflectionx Free Trial Member
    3 karma

There was an RC experimental passage about abstract thinking and primitive art. There was also an experimental passage on immunity to lawsuits. I have no memory of any passage mentioning the pyramids or the louvre or astronomy--are there multiple experimental versions?

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

@bklsat05 yeah, but i just feel LG's is consistent, i can always count on LG for a couple points, and the LG on this one was TOTALLY doable, not difficult at all, just got hung up with two of the gams that caused me to slack on the other two. Doing nothing but timed sections, PT's and blind review from now on. Practicing on skipping and coming back to questions as well

• LR - LG - LR - LR - RC

First two LR have 25 questions, and the first one is way harder than the other two.

First LR has a question on Stretching with physicians and yoga, also has a question on what is morally acceptable. Only remember these cuz I just got stuck on those two :(

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Overall, a medium test. My order was:

1. LR 25Qs. This was a real section. Blazed through it. 2 star difficulty.
    2. LR 25Qs. This was experimental. The most memorable question was about bears and their habitat. Harder than S1 but not crazy. 2 star difficulty
    3. LG. Easy. Third game was the hardest, but still not difficult. 1 star difficulty
    4. LR 26Qs. This was a fairly hard section. I think the question on homophones is, for me, the hardest question of the test. 3 star difficulty.
    5. RC. Judges was the hardest passage but it wasn't insane. 3 star difficulty.

Guessing a -10 or -11 curve. It was a standard test, but the first time nerves were real and that impacted my confidence.