Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official September 2017 LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• NorthernAtticusNorthernAtticus Alum Member
    edited November 2019 79 karma

[deleted]

• foxtrot96foxtrot96 Member
    edited September 2017 147 karma

@tranduc_1991
    i had just one LG section which included the east west game and it was based on games from earlier exams. it wasnt a difficult game at all if one made certain inferences. it was definitely the original LG section.

• Summer17Summer17 Alum Member
    125 karma

@lsattaker1234 said:

@"alaric.taves" said:

@tranduc_1991 said:

@"alaric.taves" said:
    @tranduc_1991

I only had one LG section, and it was East/West, menu specials, interrogators, and student presentations.

Thanks. Did you find it to be hard, or standard?

It was far and away the easiest LG section I've come across, to the point that I'm concerned I did something wrong. People seem to be split 50/50 between agreeing with me and thinking it was quite difficult, so this is all very strange. It's definitely the real one either way, though.

I actually thought that the second LG (third section) was easier. Also, do you agree with the general consensus that there was a Shakespeare/Machiavelli game four in the real section -- the only LG section you had? I would be interested to hear from @Summer17 on this as well.

Yes that game was in the real LG as well.

• mdiberarmdiberar Free Trial Member
    14 karma

The projected e-mail score date on my LSAC account shows Oct 12, 2017. This is the first time I have written an LSAT. In anyone's experience, is this an accurate timeline or are the scores given typically earlier/sooner?

• shanedridershanedrider Alum Member
    156 karma

At best, the scores will be released only a few days before the projected date. They've been getting released closer and closer to the projected date as of late.

• zachbp13zachbp13 Alum Member
    22 karma

@mdiberar said:
    The projected e-mail score date on my LSAC account shows Oct 12, 2017. This is the first time I have written an LSAT. In anyone's experience, is this an accurate timeline or are the scores given typically earlier/sooner?

http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/lsat-score-release-dates-scheduled-vs-actual-comparison

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    Okay guys...we need to stop talking about the logic game. People are getting too specific and it's against the LSAC rules. We need to be careful.

yeah guys, I'm pretty sure talking about specific rules on a game is against the rules and can get people into trouble so stahhpppp

4196 karma

@trueblueyalie said:
    Hi! Does anyone who had 2 LR remember a question asking about watching TV vs. being informed?

hmmmm, I had 2 LRs and don't think I remember this question

• Summer17Summer17 Alum Member
    125 karma

@mdiberar said:

I would bank on it being 1 day earlier at best, based on the past recent tests.

• teddyyeeteddyyee Member
    14 karma

From the power score forums

Scored Sections

Real Logic Games (not necessarily in order)

1. East/West Theaters with 6 Movies at 1, 2, 3 pm
    2. 5 Foods: Specials in Restaurants over 6 Days
    3. Interrogators: 3 Investigators and 4 Suspects over 4 Days
    4. Class Projects: Students to Assignments (Shakespeare, Jiu Jitsu, Machiavelli)

Real Reading Comprehension (not necessarily in order)

1. Policymaking with Rain Forests: Deforestation and Plantations
    2. Native American Language and Radio
    3. Judges and Honest Opinions (Comparative Reading)
    4. Marx/Freud: Directive vs General Theories

Real Logical Reasoning

• Crows dive bombing people
    • Jones' theory/data correction
    • Cars being sold to a junkyard (older than 10 years parts are worthless)
    • Computers in classrooms
    • Back braces
    • Raven feeding experiment
    • Moose and deer
    • Homophones
    • Tarantulas
    • Disease X/Proteins/Heart disease
    • Gold and Chinese mines
    • Cuttlefish
    • Eating nuts and weight gain
    • Shakespeare's winter tale
    • Acme automotive
    • Wendy waxing/washing cars
    • Hieroglyphics
    • Perimeter lights and vandalism

Experimental Sections

Experimental Logic Games

• Pet Owners
    • Musicians in 7 spots: guitarist, violinist, singer...
    • Foresters
    • Movies at two theaters with four showtimes: 1, 3, 5, 7

Experimental Reading Comprehension

• Louvre and Pei's contributions
    • The law of the universe and quantum theory (comparative) [this may have been the planet formation passage]
    • Formation of the league of nations/Great Britain (activist during World War I)
    • Early African art/critical thinking in early humans
    • True democracy and voting
    • Authorship of feminist texts
    • International norms

Experimental Logical Reasoning

• Art Critic/Opera
    • Bike Sharing
    • Meteorologist
    • Pluto not a real planet
    • Energy use in rooms

Uncertain

Section orders and question counts

LG (exp) - LR - LG - RC - LR
    RC (exp) - LR - LG - RC - LR
    LR - LG - LR - LG - RC (unsure of exp)

LG: XX questions
    LR1: 25 questions
    LR2: 26 questions
    RC: 27 questions
    Total: XXX questions

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

haha when you had 3 LR and you remember all of the above mentioned LR ?s... ugh..
    I had LR(25) LG LR(26) (Break) LR(26) RC.

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

@tranduc_1991 said:

@americandreamer said:

@bsemb001 said:
    Upon seeing that the experimental LG was the one with foresters. I am officially distraught. I'm pretty sure I only got -2 or maybe -3 on the experimental section. The other LG I struggled with hard. Enough that I guessed in the final two questions in the last game without even reading it. :(

There's always DECEMBER!

@lsattaker1234

I feel you. I normally don't have extra time after finishing an LG section but for the experimental I actually did. It was somehow a lot easier. The (unfortunately) real LG game just didn't click.
    1) East/West
    2) Food specials (darn you, Quesadillas! As if I wasn't already hungry right before break)
    3) FGHI/QRS
    4) Machiavellian/Shakespeare's villains

Which one did you struggle with?

To be honest, I do not know if we should trust the people who say that the real LG game is the one with East/West.

My LSAT section order was LG- LR- LG- RC- LG
    This is my logic: the RC comparative passage is a lot harder than normal, so the real LG should not be much harder than normal as LSAC wants to equate the difficulty of each LSAT test to previous ones. The two LRs are quite standard. But I struggled a lot with the third LG section (which has East/West and is claimed to be the real one) and ended up leaving many questions blank or did random guess.

The other LG, which was the first section, was much more doable. Not easy, because I might not get it all correct. But this first LG section was just as standard as most LG sections in previous tests.

Hence, I do not know if we should trust the people who says the real non-experimental LG is the harder LG. I heard from certain forums that most people with only one LG think the LG is easy. It is quite reasonable to think that the LG section they has is the LG section with violin/guitar. If they encountered the only LG section with East/West in their test, I don't think they are able to say that it is easy.

Maybe those who are trying to claim that the real LG section is the LG with East/West (the harder LG section) are hoping to make us feel completely disappointed and want to cancel the score.

@tranduc_1991 said:

@americandreamer said:

@bsemb001 said:
    Upon seeing that the experimental LG was the one with foresters. I am officially distraught. I'm pretty sure I only got -2 or maybe -3 on the experimental section. The other LG I struggled with hard. Enough that I guessed in the final two questions in the last game without even reading it. :(

There's always DECEMBER!

@lsattaker1234

I feel you. I normally don't have extra time after finishing an LG section but for the experimental I actually did. It was somehow a lot easier. The (unfortunately) real LG game just didn't click.
    1) East/West
    2) Food specials (darn you, Quesadillas! As if I wasn't already hungry right before break)
    3) FGHI/QRS

To be honest, I do not know if we should trust the people who say that the real LG game is the one with East/West.

This is my logic: the RC comparative passage is a lot harder than normal, so the real LG should not be much harder than normal as LSAC wants to equate the difficulty of each LSAT test to previous ones. The two LRs are quite standard. But I struggled a lot with the third LG section (which has East/West and is claimed to be the real one) and ended up leaving many questions blank or did random guess.

The other LG, which was the first section, was much more doable. Not easy, because I might not get it all correct. But this first LG section was just as standard as most LG sections in previous tests.

Hence, I do not know if we should trust the people who says the real non-experimental LG is the harder LG. I heard from certain forums that most people with only one LG think the LG is easy. It is quite reasonable to think that the LG section they has is the LG section with violin/guitar. If they encountered the only LG section with East/West in their test, I don't think they are able to say that it is easy.

Maybe those who are trying to claim that the real LG section is the LG with East/West (the harder LG section) are hoping to make us feel completely disappointed and want to cancel the score.

I had two LR and one LG question. The real section was with the food and the theatre

• jerry.yan96jerry.yan96 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

I had 3 LR sections, and I'm pretty sure section 3 (2nd LR section) was my experimental. To confirm though, does anyone who had 2 LRs remember a strengthen (I think) question about foreign-language films? Something about depending on visual images instead of dialogue in order to appeal to foreign audiences.

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    Ignore

@tranduc_1991 said:

@americandreamer said:

@bsemb001 said:

There's always DECEMBER!

@lsattaker1234

1) East/West
    3) FGHI/QRS

Hey, I get thinking that a particular section was harder than others claim (I don't particularly like ppl claiming that this or that section was so easy), but I doubt that this many ppl would have intentions to mislead, let alone intentions that are that petty and malicious (trying to make ppl feel bad about having a hard go of some section).

4196 karma

@mdiberar said:

For the most part, scores are released earlier than the projected date. People typically start going nuts and refreshing LSAC's site each minute about 4 days before the projected date haha.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@trueblueyalie said:
    Hi! Does anyone who had 2 LR remember a question asking about watching TV vs. being informed?

Yeah, that was definitely from a real section

4196 karma

so what is everyone doing while we wait? especially if you don't work or go to school?

I'm working on my PS and have to submit transcripts.. I'll probably start studying again next week tbh, RC for sure will screw me for this test so might as well start studying again.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

@TheMikey said:
    so what is everyone doing while we wait? especially if you don't work or go to school?

I'm working on my PS and have to submit transcripts.. I'll probably start studying again next week tbh, RC for sure will screw me for this test so might as well start studying again.

I'd suggest not starting to study again immediately. After June I took a month and a half off I think and came back with some of my best PT scores right off the bat. Obviously, do whatever makes you most comfortable but if the reasoning for starting up again so soon is because you'll "lose it" I wouldn't be too worried. The break may prove useful in the lead up to December.

• Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
    877 karma

Does anyone else feel like the whole test was a blur? If it was not for this discussion thread, I would not remember a dang thing. I'm reading through these comments and I'm like yea...I guess I remember that? But it all just feels like a dream.

The only thing I remember is that I had 2 RC sections. Regarding the first one, I felt like I didn't perform as well as normally and the second one felt fine. So I made the conscious effort to remember 1 passage topic from each so I can verify which was the experimental section (which turned out to be the first one-- Praise the Lord!). However, if I hadn't done that, I likely would have forgotten everything.

Anyone else experience this?

• cdunne9cdunne9 Free Trial Member
    14 karma

Does anyone remember a question talking about accountants attending a seminar? It was a number/percentages. I had LR (25) questions, LG, LR (25), LR (26) and then RC (27). Trying to figure out if my first or second LR were real (my first also had the curbing drinking question).

• sarah.v.connorsarah.v.connor Free Trial Member
    8 karma

@bklsat05 said:
    RC was killed for sure !!

Curve should be normal I think due to "easy" LG (quotes cuz I bombed them)

Yeah, I'm a little nervous seeing people say the LGs were so easy. I thought 3 of them were no big deal but I thought the suspects and interrogators one was hard...

8 karma

@kgh2112 said:
    Does anyone know if the tarantala LR question was in the real or experimental LR?

I had that one, and my experimental was RC so it must've been real.

4196 karma

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@TheMikey said:

I'd suggest not starting to study again immediately. After June I took a month and a half off I think and came back with some of my best PT scores right off the bat. Obviously, do whatever makes you most comfortable but if the reasoning for starting up again so soon is because you'll "lose it" I wouldn't be too worried. The break may prove useful in the lead up to December.

oh trust me, I know what I'm doing haha. thanks though, breaks are definitely helpful and I have seen improvement from a clear mind after breaks.

I don't think I'll "lose it", as I know everything about the test (almost 2 yrs studying this stupid test), but from say next week or 2 weeks from now until the December test is not a lot of time at all.

I agree though, a week is too short. I may start again maybe when scores come out, idunno.

• FriendlyPhrogFriendlyPhrog Alum Member
    edited September 2017 30 karma

Still trying to figure out which of my LRs was experimental. Does anyone know if the one that started with curbing campus drinking was real? Also, does anyone remember a question about cattle in Africa and their sources of water?

I had LR--LG--LR--LR--RC. The first question came from my first LR, the second one from my second LR.

I'm obsessing about the cattle question because, though I finished the section with a couple of minutes to spare, I forgot to review that question (which I felt a bit uncertain about) until there were only like 20 seconds and I ended up guessing between two answer choices. I'd have had plenty of time to figure it out if I hadn't sort of spaced out when I got to the end of the section.

8 karma

@RJmazo14 said:
    I had RC LR LG RC LR. Was really hoping that the first RC was real, but turns out it was experimental. Judges passage and Freud/Marx passage were ridiculous. LG was pretty easy and LR was par for the course, if not a little harder.

Hopefully there's a decent curve, though doubtful considering June's RC was brutal, as well.

December's looking pretty nice right about now.

I had the same section order, but I am wondering if I had a different experimental RC than people have been talking about, or if I've just repressed the memory - I don't recall anything about the Louvre or particle physics or anything like that. I'm trying hard to remember...

8 karma

@zmeeker91 said:
    Guys, I'm pretty sure I blacked out for the experimental RC section. My test was RC-LR-LG-RC-LR and my first section was the experimental section. I distinctly remember the pyramid passage, but I don't remember anything after that... The rest of the test I feel like I remember pretty well. I know it's just the experimental section but this is bugging me. Did anyone have the same sequence of sections and remember the other topics in the experimental section?

Same order but don't remember anything about pyramids from the 1st RC. Maybe I blocked it out too... I don't think it was that hard because I had to go to the bathroom during it (KILL me) and I still had time to finish.

8 karma

@myk950 said:
    Okay last time I'll post this but anyone who had only two LR sections:

Do you remember a question about Lemurs? It said it was useful to study primates like chimpanzees/gorillas or something. Only Lemurs were in Madagascar? Stated that some lemur species are diurnal (sleep during the night, basically opposite of nocturnal) and that high primates all evolved from this species of low primates.

Once again, I had LR LG LR LR RC, and this question was in the 2nd LR (3rd section overall). I think i bombed that 3rd section but did alright elsewhere so that's why i'm desperate haha. Thanks!!!

I think you are OK - I didn't have this question, my experimental was RC.

• FriendlyPhrogFriendlyPhrog Alum Member
    30 karma

@cdunne9 said:
    Does anyone remember a question talking about accountants attending a seminar? It was a number/percentages. I had LR (25) questions, LG, LR (25), LR (26) and then RC (27). Trying to figure out if my first or second LR were real (my first also had the curbing drinking question).

I don't remember the accountants attending the seminar (though I may have just forgotten it). Are you saying this one was on the same section as the one with curbing drinking? I did have that one - I believe it was the first question of my first section.

• 970Sarah970Sarah Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 3 karma

@kvbusbee said:

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Please confirm "Beads and Gold" and "Homophones" as questions if you did NOT have experimental LR.

Confirmed!

I had experimental LG. LR sections included homophones, beads and gold, peasants and religion, curbing student drinking. Did not have accountants/seminar, or lemurs.

4196 karma

@"sarah.v.connor" said:

@myk950 said:
    Okay last time I'll post this but anyone who had only two LR sections:

Do you remember a question about Lemurs? It said it was useful to study primates like chimpanzees/gorillas or something. Only Lemurs were in Madagascar? Stated that some lemur species are diurnal (sleep during the night, basically opposite of nocturnal) and that high primates all evolved from this species of low primates.

Once again, I had LR LG LR LR RC, and this question was in the 2nd LR (3rd section overall). I think i bombed that 3rd section but did alright elsewhere so that's why i'm desperate haha. Thanks!!!

I think you are OK - I didn't have this question, my experimental was RC.

+1

had exp RC and I did not remember a Madagascar LR question at all.

edited September 2017 8 karma

@americandreamer said:

@bsemb001 said:

There's always DECEMBER!

1) East/West
    3) FGHI/QRS

I thought #3 was hard. This discussion has me a little worried about #2, I thought it was no problem at the time...

• alm_1129alm_1129 Free Trial Member
    20 karma

@FriendlyPhrog said:
    Still trying to figure out which of my LRs was experimental. Does anyone know if the one that started with curbing campus drinking was real? Also, does anyone remember a question about cattle in Africa and their sources of water?

I had LR--LG--LR--LR--RC. The first question came from my first LR, the second one from my second LR.

I'm obsessing about the cattle question because, though I finished the section with a couple of minutes to spare, I forgot to review that question (which I felt a bit uncertain about) until there were only like 20 seconds and I ended up guessing between two answer choices. I'd have had plenty of time to figure it out if I hadn't sort of spaced out when I got to the end of the section.

I had 3 LRs as well, and in the same order that you did, but I don't remember a cattle question in any of the sections. That section might have been your experimental one. I'm somewhat confident that my second LR section was experimental too

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

My test progressed in a really interesting way.

Section 1: RC. I totally bombed it. Ridiculously hard. Turns out was the experimental.
    Section 2: LR. Hardest LR I can remember.
    Section 3: LG. Killed it
    Section 4: RC. Killed it
    Section 5: LR. Killed it

So I really struggled for the first two sections and, overall, it feels like a really bad test--like I underperformed my average by about 10 points bad. The experimental RC destroyed me and that LR really was hard. By the end of section 2, the test really felt like it was over. But, the S1 RC doesn't count and I did great on everything else which means my score will hinge on S2 LR. LR is my strongest section, and that's really what I want deciding my score. I probably underperformed, but that may mean -3 or something. A high proportion of my low probability questions come through for me in LR. So I don't know what to think. With the experimental, it feels like a mid-high 160's test. But if things fell into place on the hard LR, it could be a mid-high 170's. I feel like I'm in a really extreme range which is a little uncomfortable. I'm meeting myself halfway and calibrating my expectations at about a 170. I guess we'll see in October!

4196 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:

Section 1: RC. I totally bombed it. Ridiculously hard. Turns out was the experimental.

So I really struggled for the first two sections and, overall, it feels like a really bad test--like I underperformed my average by about 10 points bad. The experimental RC destroyed me and that LR really was hard. By the end of section 2, the test really felt like it was over. But, the S1 RC doesn't count and I did great on everything else which means my score will hinge on S2 LR. LR is my strongest section, and that's really what I want deciding my score. I probably underperformed, but that may mean -3 or something. A high proportion of my low probability questions come through for me in LR. So I don't know what to think. With the experimental, it feels like a mid-high 160's test. But if things fell into place on the hard LR, it could be a mid-high 170's. I feel like I'm in a really extreme range which is a little uncomfortable. I'm meeting myself halfway and calibrating my expectations at about a 170. I guess we'll see in October!

One of my LR sections was really tough as well. My 2nd one was easier, just like it was for you. I'm pretty sure I went like -3 or -4 on the first one though but better on the 2nd one.

877 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:

I had the same exact experience with the first RC. My first section was the experimental RC and I did awful. They called 5 minutes before I got to the last passage and I was like..."What? That hasn't happened in like 8 PTs..." But I PRAYED that this was the experimental section and gave the other 4 my all (Praise the Lord it was...). I'm nervous though because I can't say with confidence that I did well or poorly on any other section besides LG. Like I don't remember a thing... I'm in the dark completely. I remember that nothing felt super difficult. I remember that it felt different because of the added pressure (and the fact that there were proctors walking around the room...that made it super distracting). Two girls started sobbing in the middle of Section 2-- One of them had to be escorted out and the other was able to compose herself to finish. Also distracting.

I want to say I feel good, but I also felt good after taking PT81 only to find out that the curve brought my score below average and that I missed questions I shouldn't have missed. I feel like I can't even begin to guess how PT82 went.

• cdunne9cdunne9 Free Trial Member
    14 karma

@FriendlyPhrog said:

@cdunne9 said:

I don't remember the accountants attending the seminar (though I may have just forgotten it). Are you saying this one was on the same section as the one with curbing drinking? I did have that one - I believe it was the first question of my first section.

No, I meant they were in different sections! Okay, guessing that was my experimental then (the accountants) which I guessed because there were some really weird questions in that section.

• 7SageThanks7SageThanks Free Trial Member
    166 karma

Most of the comments from people with an experimental LR have been from people who had:
    LR(25)-LG-LR(25)-LR(26)-RC

Where they are trying to figure out if their first or second LR was the experimental.

I had:
    LR(25)-LG-LR(26)-LR(26)-RC

Is there any consensus on whether the second or third LR (each with 26 questions) is the experimental?

Is LSAC consistent in that when they have a test with the order I had (the two LRs back to back with 26 each) they would have all tests have the experimental be the same section number? Or has it happened in the past where two people will have two 26 question LR sections back to back and some will have the experimental as the first one and others will have the experimental as the second one even though they are identical sections (just switched the order)?

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

If you're going to discuss the September 2017 LSAT, PLEASE read the rules! I've seen so many broken rules in the past few days.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

@bswise2 said:
    I had the same exact experience with the first RC. My first section was the experimental RC and I did awful. They called 5 minutes before I got to the last passage and I was like..."What? That hasn't happened in like 8 PTs..." But I PRAYED that this was the experimental section and gave the other 4 my all (Praise the Lord it was...). I'm nervous though because I can't say with confidence that I did well or poorly on any other section besides LG. Like I don't remember a thing... I'm in the dark completely.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. I had RC experimental first too! They called 5 minutes before I even began reading the last passage. Started tearing up right then and there. Confidence was shot throughout the entire first part of that exam because of it. I thought the RC was hard, and the LR wasn't very easy either. Games were okay.

But honestly, I hardly remember anything about the exam. After they called the RC experimental so early I was more concerned with timing. I feel like I was moving so fast I hardly remember anything...funny though - I felt like I was moving fast yet I finished with maybe 1 minure or 2 minutes in the bank per section tops.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@TheMikey said:

I'm thinking one week of zero LSAT, trying to get a rough draft of my PS finally finished. Next week I'll probably start doing some intermittent studying to keep the material sharp until scores are released and i can decide if I need to retake in December. My goal is to have all my essays ready for submission by the release, that way if I'm throwing myself back into studying, I dont have to simultaneously write essays, or cram to finish them over the holidays.

• madinastatemadinastate Alum Member
    edited September 2017 16 karma

Anyone else find the food specials LG hard? It didn't click with me at all, and I would say LG is my strong suit. Did I just completely miss something?

• StarGirlLSATStarGirlLSAT Free Trial Member
    10 karma

I had 2 RC which was probably the experiment. My LG was harder than usual, which I was disappointed with. Usually the first 1-2 games are a bit easier, but I found them all to be on the more challenging side. Hoping for the best.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

For anyone interested in predictions about when grey day will be: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/when-will-september-2017-lsat-scores-be-released-our-prediction

877 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:

@bswise2 said:
    I had the same exact experience with the first RC. My first section was the experimental RC and I did awful. They called 5 minutes before I got to the last passage and I was like..."What? That hasn't happened in like 8 PTs..." But I PRAYED that this was the experimental section and gave the other 4 my all (Praise the Lord it was...). I'm nervous though because I can't say with confidence that I did well or poorly on any other section besides LG. Like I don't remember a thing... I'm in the dark completely.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. I had RC experimental first too! They called 5 minutes before I even began reading the last passage. Started tearing up right then and there. Confidence was shot throughout the entire first part of that exam because of it. I thought the RC was hard, and the LR wasn't very easy either. Games were okay.

But honestly, I hardly remember anything about the exam. After they called the RC experimental so early I was more concerned with timing. I feel like I was moving so fast I hardly remember anything...funny though - I felt like I was moving fast yet I finished with maybe 1 minure or 2 minutes in the bank per section tops.

OMG You literally took the words right out of my mouth. Throughout both LRs, I felt like I was keeping such good pace- I was expecting to have like 5-10 minutes left. But I finished with like a minute to spare. That literally never happens...which makes me nervous. But at the same time, I can't recall any questions that are serious areas for concern. So I have no idea what to expect.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

@"Cant Get Right" Thanks for sharing your experience. Absolutely rooting for you.

I honestly think it was unfair to those who had to take the experimental RC first. Someone at LSAC should run the numbers, and I bet there is a meaningful difference in scores between those who had that experimental and those who did not.

Was the LR section you found difficult 25 or 26 questions?

I am in a total fog about the test. Was extraordinarily nervous opening that first page, but then just blitzed through the first 3 sections (LR-LG-LR), then struggled a bit on the 26 question LR (section 4 for me). I am fairly certain I got 2 particular questions wrong on that section, and probably more.

There was a lot of me being nervous and under confident about an answer, but then convincing myself I had to be right and moving on. I am definitely having plenty of bad thoughts that in the nervous haze I fell for many a trap. The more I think about the test, the more I become convinced I did worse than I thought at the time...

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

@madinastate said:
    Anyone else find the food specials LG hard? It didn't click with me at all, and I would say LG is my strong suit. Did I just completely miss something?

That's what I'm wondering I brute forced it. Idk what it was about that game

877 karma

@AllezAllez21 You're not the only one who feels that way...I'm definitely second guessing myself right now too. This is going to be a long month...

2326 karma

@AllezAllez21 said:
    @"Cant Get Right" Thanks for sharing your experience. Absolutely rooting for you.

I honestly think it was unfair to those who had to take the experimental RC first. Someone at LSAC should run the numbers, and I bet there is a meaningful difference in scores between those who had that experimental and those who did not.

I had a similar issue on the June test with a very hard experimental LG. At the time, I too posted about the possibility of this messing with people's scores, and therefore undermining the fairness of the test. I wish someone with clout in the LSAT community would make this point; perhaps it would cause LSAC to reconsider their approach to the experimental sections.

2326 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:

It's pretty crazy that LSAC can mess so much the difficulty of a particular section that someone like @"Cant Get Right" , who averages less than -1 on LR can find an LR section to be extremely difficult.

• fmihalic2fmihalic2 Free Trial Member
    266 karma

Bombed RC. Had it 4th and literally blacked out. If I got -15 I'll be happy...that bad. Also blacked out on the first LR but bounced back with I believe near perfect 26 question LR and LG.

Beads and gold was a strengthen except question right? And homophones was an NA?