[Ended] Edit Giveaway + Admissions Doubleheader—Weds, Sept. 27th @ 9pm

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited October 2017 in Webinars 7285 karma

UPDATE: The admissions webinar is up here: https://7sage.com/admissions/webinar/

The résumé webinar will be there soon.

7Sagers,

To help you gear up for the 2017 application season, we’re doing back-to-back admissions webinars.

→On Tuesday, September 26, at 9 p.m. ET, I’ll give you an overview of the application process, and I’ll include some brand new, never-before-seen material on personal statement mistakes. After the presentation, 7Sage Editors Maura Roosevelt, Clare Sestanovich and I will take your questions.

:cookie: At the end of the admissions overview webinar, we’ll randomly select one attendee for a free personal statement critique.

→ The next day, on Wednesday, September 27, at 9 p.m. ET, our very own Micah Bateman will host a webinar on that essential but often overlooked component of your application, the résumé. Micah will use actual 7Sage résumés to give you an idea of what works, what doesn’t, and how you can convey your experience most effectively.

:cookie: At the end of the résumé webinar, we’ll randomly select one attendee for a free résumé critique.

:warning: In order to join these webinars, you will have to register in advance.

→ Please register for the admissions overview webinar (Sep 26, 2017 9:00 PM EDT) here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2717887576239374337

→ Please register for the résumé webinar (Sep 27, 2017 9:00 PM EDT) here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4239267521942175745

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

We hope to see you there!

Comments

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

Will be there! :smile:

• zehrafaryalzehrafaryal Member
    8 karma

where is it held ?

• partyondudespartyondudes Alum Member
    424 karma

@"David.Busis" other than thinking of good questions, is there anything we should do to prepare for the webinar(s)?

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7285 karma

@zehrafaryal you have to register via the links in the post above. Go2Meeting will mail you a link to join.

@partyondudes no preparation necessary!

• SerenityFalconSerenityFalcon Alum Member
    86 karma

Awesome! I've registered for both.

• BWatson57BWatson57 Member
    11 karma

Will these be available as recordings after the live webinars for those who can't make it?

7285 karma

@BWatson57 yes, barring unforeseen circumstances.

• Wesley-BWesley-B Alum Member
    172 karma

Is there an additional cost for gaining access to the webinar?

7285 karma

@WesleyBWard The webinar is totally free.

Update for all: I'm totally revamping this webinar, and it has information you won't find anywhere else in the 7Sage admissions course. I hope you can make it!

• jzzravenjzzraven Alum Member
    edited September 2017 140 karma

To be eligible for random selection, do we have to attend the webinar via gotomeeting on a computer or is it okay if we call in?

7285 karma

@jzzraven Great question. We're doing the giveaway via survey, which means you'd need to be on a computer—but I'll tell you what. Remind me after the webinar (via a comment here), and I'll post the survey questions here, so that anyone who dialled in can enter.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

Awesome, really appreciate you doing this! I can't make it live, but will one hundred percent be watching the recording! Invaluable information!

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

how can we access the recording after?

7285 karma

@mcglz_64 I'll announce here.

• stjohncestjohnce Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 15 karma

I have tried getting in to the webinar using the link from email but I don't see anything. I have the correct email, and adequate hardware/ software. I have downloaded the gotowebinar program multiple times. Any suggestions?
    Edit - I have tried on three different browsers. Has anyone been able to get into the webinar? I have used both the unique link on my email as well as the code and my email address to no avail. Any luck? Any suggestions? I hate to miss this!

• SuuuGeeeSuuuGeee Member
    30 karma

That question at the end for the free critique..... lol

• jzzravenjzzraven Alum Member
    140 karma

This is my friendly reminder for the survey questions. Super helpful talk thank you!!!!

• a.ruqaiiaa.ruqaiia Alum Member
    114 karma

@SuuuGeee said:
    That question at the end for the free critique..... lol

Lol now I’m curious what the correct answer is! Haha

• shanedridershanedrider Alum Member
    156 karma

Thank you, everyone! I learned a lot from this webinar.

• olioliberolioliber Alum Member
    729 karma

How do I enter for free critique? Used iPHone to participate

• g00g00shg00g00sh Member
    119 karma

Any idea when this will be available online? I couldn't make it to the webinar...but I really want to see it! Thanks

• stjohncestjohnce Free Trial Member
    15 karma

Can anyone tell me the trick to getting logged in to the webinar? I used the link provided in my registration email, on multiple browsers, and I could download the program but never get any further. Thanks.

7285 karma

@jzzraven @oberdysz For those of you who dialed in and want a shot at the free critique: what’s J.Y.’s favorite food?
    Please only submit an answer if you dialed in by phone. Honor system. Thanks!

7285 karma

@Max_henry91 soon! Stay tuned.

7285 karma

There is another webinar tonight! Come! We’ll focus on résumés but take all sorts of questions.

Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4239267521942175745

7285 karma

@stjohnce I’m really sorry you had so much trouble! I’m afraid I don’t know what went wrong. You could try asking GoToWebinar’s customer service before tonight’s webinar.

edited September 2017 7285 karma

Update: We've had official confirmation that J.Y.'s favorite food is ribs, and we have a winner of the edit giveaway.

The webinar will be up soon.

Stay tuned for an answer to the résumé giveaway question: what would Micah's secret super power be?

7285 karma

Hi everyone,

We have a winner of the résumé critique giveaway. Turns out that Micah's secret super power would be MORE ONION RINGS.

The admissions webinar is up now: https://7sage.com/admissions/webinar/

The résumé webinar is coming soon. It'll land in the same place.

7285 karma

The résumé webinar is up too! Thanks, everyone!

• g00g00shg00g00sh Member
    119 karma

@"David.Busis" Was there a personal statement webinar recorded as well, or is this it? If 7Sage has ever done an official webinar on personal statements, could you please point me in the direction of those with links? I'm an ultimate member but don't have the upgraded admissions package. thanks!

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@Max_henry91 said:
    @"David.Busis" Was there a personal statement webinar recorded as well, or is this it? If 7Sage has ever done an official webinar on personal statements, could you please point me in the direction of those with links? I'm an ultimate member but don't have the upgraded admissions package. thanks!

You have Ultimate+, which includes the entire Personal Statement course. Check it out here:
    https://7sage.com/admissions/

7285 karma

@Max_henry91 You'll also find all of our webinars here, including a recording of a personal statement webinar here: https://7sage.com/admissions/webinar/