Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC GPA Vindication

Tavorak_Tavorak_ Free Trial Member

So I posted a couple days ago about LSAC miscalculating my GPA on the Academic Summary Report; they treated eight hours of high school test credit as a C. They fixed it today, but I'm posting this to remind people to verify their grades. I know LSAC has their own way of calculating GPA, but this was pretty blatant and took my overall GPA down by 0.10

Good luck all!

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

This is helpful! Bumping this.

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

what do you mean by high school test credit?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Whoa! that's crazy they made an error like that. Any error is serious and I'm extremely happy you did something about it and were vindicated. Good for you @deansr

• Tavorak_Tavorak_ Free Trial Member
    115 karma

@sillllyxo said:
    what do you mean by high school test credit?

I took a test through a community college in high school. They said if we took a test we could earn college credit. It wasn't a dual enrollment class or anything but more like AP credit I guess.

I thought I needed to have a transcript from that college sent to LSAC since it showed as transfer credit. Evidently the transcript only said WC which stood for "WEBCAPE" meaning that I didn't get a grade. LSAC processed the WC as C grades.

115 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    Whoa! that's crazy they made an error like that. Any error is serious and I'm extremely happy you did something about it and were vindicated. Good for you @deansr

Thanks! I have the emails and old Summary Report screenshot too because I figured this doesn't happen often.

• joe.j.hamjoe.j.ham Alum Member
    88 karma

Would you mind elaborating on this a bit?
    So I went to an early-college HS where you graduate with both your HS diploma and an Associate's degree... wasn't the best student in HS and received mediocre grades for my Associates. (Talking like 2.0 GPA's). Graduated college last year with a transcript full of 3.7's and up (save for a bad first semester). Will my Ass. transcript bring down overall GPA?

115 karma

@"joe.j.ham" said:
    So I went to an early-college HS where you graduate with both your HS diploma and an Associate's degree... wasn't the best student in HS and received mediocre grades for my Associates. (Talking like 2.0 GPA's). Graduated college last year with a transcript full of 3.7's and up (save for a bad first semester). Will my Ass. transcript bring down overall GPA?

Probably. My high school dual enrollment classes brought my GPA down so I would imagine yours will factor in.

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

@"joe.j.ham" said:

If you received a grade on a transcript from any type of college, it counts towards your LSAC GPA. I suggest using a GPA Calculator to see what you're working with