Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible jury duty

tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
in General 2573 karma

Idk if I’ll actually be a juror just yet but would you guys chance it and go ahead and register? If I am selected do you think I’ll have to be in court on Saturday (12/2), or is that another gamble if I go ahead and register (deadline is Wednesday)? I’m also concerned about getting sufficient study time the week of the test and will it be too much to deal with going? What do you guys think? I’m sure somebody’s gonna say purposely get dismissed but give me something else! Lol

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited October 2017 13286 karma

Where do you live that court is in session on a Saturday?

Or even open for that matter!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    edited October 2017 8392 karma

Yeah pretty sure there aren't any courts that operate on Saturday so you should be safe. But if you have any questions, there's usually a line you could call and talk to a jury coordinator (or something similar) and you could let them know that you are unavailable that day and ask if it's a problem. You should be fine though, jury duty is typically only during normal business hours on weekdays.

If you're worried about that taking too much time away from your normal routine during the week, you should look into deferring it. I think usually you can defer (and it's easier to do than totally getting out of it).

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

I didn’t think Saturday would be an issue either but I swear I remember seeing some high profile case on tv a few years back and they were there on Saturday.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Where I live, one can get a deferral for a later date.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

On a saturday???

either way, register for it and if for some reason the do call you to come in on a saturday (which seems very weird..?) just have them defer you and they will do it once.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    edited October 2017 2573 karma

Yes, Saturday. See Trayvon Martin trial. I didn’t know about the deferral. I’ll see about that tomorrow. Thx, guys!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Just get a deferral.