Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Big, Bad Feb LSAT

I'm taking the Feb 2018 LSAT. Why is the Feb test so dreaded? Just because they report the score? Is that paranoia or is there some evidence that it is harder? Also, who takes the Feb test? June seems like overachievers. Sept/Oct obviously most popular. December has many retakes. I didn't think much of this until I googled it (a regret).

Comments

• gititenenbaumgititenenbaum Alum Member
    48 karma

does it mater who takes the lsats with you? and what does it mean the publish the scores? I was thinking of taking it Fed. too.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Feb2018Taker said:
    I'm taking the Feb 2018 LSAT. Why is the Feb test so dreaded? Just because they report the score? Is that paranoia or is there some evidence that it is harder? Also, who takes the Feb test? June seems like overachievers. Sept/Oct obviously most popular. December has many retakes. I didn't think much of this until I googled it (a regret).

I think people just don't like the fact it's undisclosed and that it's later in the cycle. There is no evidence it is harder. The LSAT is a standardized test so there's no way for the Feb tests to just be all harder.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@gititenenbaum said:
    does it mater who takes the lsats with you? and what does it mean the publish the scores? I was thinking of taking it Fed. too.

No, it doesn't matter who takes the LSAT with you. Undisclosed or unpublished tests just mean that you don't get your test back, just the score. So you can't see the questions you missed or re-do the test.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

As a former taker of the February LSAT, I can tell you there is nothing terrifying about it. It is scored the same as the others and I tested one point below my average.

It was annoying to never know which sections I missed questions in. It also is a little discomforting to know answers can't be challenged since you don't know what the questions are or what you missed. Not finishing the games section and still scoring a 172 was a good clue as to what I missed though.

Knowing wwhat you missed wasn't information worth waiting to take until June just to know what you missed if you are ready now nor was it worth foregoing its potential scholarship negotiation value for if you need the score this cycle though.

Perks of Feebruary test for the next cycle:
    For me it was relaxing to have a nice long time before my retake. I skipped June and retook in September studying over the summer. The long break between official tests paid off with a 180.

Schools started sending fee waivers a cycle early and I just replied back thanking them and asking if they could give me them the next cycle.

Good luck!

• LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
    218 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:
    As a former taker of the February LSAT, I can tell you there is nothing terrifying about it. It is scored the same as the others and I tested one point below my average.

It was annoying to never know which sections I missed questions in. It also is a little discomforting to know answers can't be challenged since you don't know what the questions are or what you missed. Not finishing the games section and still scoring a 172 was a good clue as to what I missed though.

Knowing wwhat you missed wasn't information worth waiting to take until June just to know what you missed if you are ready now nor was it worth foregoing its potential scholarship negotiation value for if you need the score this cycle though.

For me it was relaxing to have a nice long time before my retake. I skipped June and retook in September studying over the summer. The long break between official tests paid off with a 180.

Schools started sending fee waivers a cycle early and I just replied back thanking them and asking if they could give me them the next cycle.

Good luck!

Were most schools willing to save your fee waiver for the next cycle? I'm receiving waivers now from the Dec. exam and thinking of emailing, thank you!

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

If you decided to apply next cycle, I’m sure you will get them again next year. Or just email then about it next year. They are so busy and the emails are done based on numbers (meaning impersonal), I wouldn’t email them a thank you.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@LauraC829 said:

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

Good luck!

Were most schools willing to save your fee waiver for the next cycle? I'm receiving waivers now from the Dec. exam and thinking of emailing, thank you!

Most did and I think it was a good way to show my interest ahead of time.